WHO WE ARE
We are a modern, embedded payroll provider that helps empower companies to build their own unique payroll service. On top of our easy-to-use payroll API, we are pioneering an all-inclusive tax engine to democratize a broken and cumbersome process providing accessibility to small, medium, and large businesses and helping Americans get paid.
Backed by over $14 million in funding by top investors such as Y Combinator, Spark Capital (Marqeta, Coinbase, Affirm), and Robinhood’s Founder; Vlad Tenev we are projected to be a forerunner in embedded payroll with an industry amassing billions of dollars in untapped revenue.
Our mission is to empower companies to become their own fintech company using our simple, seamless, and forward-thinking payroll technology and we’d love to learn more about you and how you could be a fit for our growing team here in San Francisco!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our second product hire here at Zeal. As a Product Manager, you will help multiple teams manage the end-to-end lifecycle(s) of complex products spanning multiple feature areas (API, payments, dashboards, etc). You will be an active participant in discussions with stakeholders, engineering, and design to help ship beautiful products.
Through strong customer empathy, you will be responsible to develop deep insights into customer needs and how the roadmap addresses those needs. Lastly, you will deliver their vision & strategy, monitor product progression, and partner with product marketing for launch.
The salary for this role is between $110-150k per year + equity and the role has a preference for hybrid working in San Francisco 2x a week, but we will consider remote candidates and encourage you to apply!
SOME THINGS YOU MAY BE WORKING ON
- Work directly with Zeal’s clients in a user-centric product role with emphasis on working on improving our existing products in taxes, payments, white-label components, and developer tooling while simultaneously working on new product developments
- Understand and iterate upon product-led UI flows used by critical customers
- Write and maintain user stories per changing product and engineering requirements
- Liaise between teams to manage project scope, reporting on project statuses and key metrics
- Maintain accurate, up to date internal documentation and release notes
- You will partner in product discovery and lead product delivery to ensure the final, shipped product matches the expectations of the customer
- Work collaboratively on setting a strategy for the product team this year and beyond!
- Manage the latter stages of product development life cycle, such as:
- product rollout and delivery
- stakeholder communication
- go-to-market strategy
- 2-4 years experience as a Product Manager preferably at a start-up
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition for a B2B related product
- You have experience with task and project management as well as some analytics tools
- Adept at white-boarding and have an ability to conduct customer & user surveys to optimize Zeal’s product roadmap
- A keen sense for prioritization and are flexible to iterate on changing business requirements
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with experience working with designers, engineers, and other staff members
- User-centric product experience, thinking about the problem first and questioning the ‘why’ behind new product developments
- Experience working in: finance, information systems, or an API ecosystem
- Previous experience working as a front-end engineer, or working closely with design teams in a product-focused capacity
- Interest in payroll, HR, and the fin-tech landscape
Zeal is located in the SoMa district of San Francisco and we value in-person collaboration and communication as we grow and scale our business. We are a tight-knit, inclusive community that is into music 🎵, cocktails 🍹, pets 🐈🐕, ping-pong 🏓 and above all else ~ high-quality espresso ☕ but more importantly we value championing for our employees to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone!
🩺 100% health coverage premium paid by the company; vision, dental
💸 Competitive salary and equity for all employees
🏃🏻♀️ Monthly wellness stipend
👩🏽💻 At-home office setup stipend
📸 Free professional headshot for your LinkedIn
🍿 🍹 Free snacks and drinks and Friday happy hours
🦓 Awesome Zeal Swag
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
This is our process for most of our roles, but sometimes stages are subject to change from time to time, but we will definitely notify you of the change ahead of time.
Step 1: Chat with our recruiter or hiring manager
Step 2: Chat with one of our founders
Step 3: Take-Home Assignment
Step 4: Presentation/Final Interview with the team
After a few days to 1 week, we will get back to you with a decision