Head of Product
3-5 days per week, £80-100K FTE
Early Stage Ecommerce platform
Remote or hybrid
We are looking for a Head of Product to join an early stage luxury ecommerce platform. They’re the first data driven buyback/refurb/resale platform for the world’s best children’s goods, making it easy to buy better than new.
Their mission is to create a true circular economy for the key investment items all families need while reducing the impact they have on the planet at scale.
As the lead on their product, reporting to the CEO and Founder, you will own the customer experience for the whole of the marketplace platform.
- Leading and launching a new product within cross-functional delivery teams. You demonstrate domain expertise, business acumen, connection between product development and iteration towards company goals.
- Define product vision and strategy, working with OKRs, building roadmaps and inspiring a team you build to deliver a high impact and value-driven product for parents.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to benefit both sides of the marketplace.
- Work with design, research, and analytics data to understand how we can better meet customer needs, as well as internal-team needs, and define metrics to track against
- Look at marketplace enabling functions.
- Implement strategies to increase the performance of the marketplace and its search functions on both sides.
- Maximise the efficiency of our product development process so we can iterate fast, respond to user feedback, and be driven by customer needs to develop best in class product.
- You demonstrate a value-centric approach to work. You are driven by delivering measurable value to customers
Proven experience in developing commercially viable products and services within a Marketplace or Ecommerce start up.
- Agile software development and product discovery methodologies. You reflect the importance of continuous, iterative delivery of value, plus the tools and techniques to facilitate this. You define solutions based on a thorough, methodical and data-driven approach.
- Highly collaborative approach to product development both with business and colleagues in technology.
- You are a flexible, creative communicator with strong written and verbal skills. You can consult, collaborate with & influence key stakeholders and groups.
- Excellent presentation and story-telling skills. Proven experience of managing and influencing cross-functional groups, driving alignment and consensus across the organisation.
- Obsession with learning. Whether it’s driving key product KPIs, learning new skills or the nuances of the market you are always reflecting on what can be improved and how to get there
- Understanding of the mechanisms of digital marketplaces.
- Knowledge/empathy of the new parent market.
- A passion for user experience: you can both guide design priorities for the team and have a good sense of experience principles while understanding the technical challenges different solutions represent and the impact any choices will have longer-term.
- Proven background of taking multiple products from idea to market.