We are changing the world of fashion retail by creating a cutting edge made to measure shopping experience built on proprietary 3D body scan technology. For users the product delivers garments that fit to preference, allows garment customisation and saves time. For fashion retailers it increases online garment purchases, reduces returns and differentiates their offering.
We are looking for a product manager to help develop our Made to Measure Product. As our next product manager you will work to understand the needs of our target consumer in order to build an outstanding garment personalisation product and experience. You will help utilise and build on the assets of Size Stream, our US based partner, and Metail.
Day to day, you will be liaising with stakeholders, articulating and refining the product roadmap that improves our product for our target consumer. You’ll be managing the expectations of all the stakeholders internally, and some externally as well as reporting on the products progress to the whole company.
Coming from a product’s background you will have a natural passion for product development, technology and communication. You will enjoy learning, have great influence and negotiation skills while being able to hold your own when presenting to the wider team and company.
This role is based in London, but may require occasional travel to the US.
- Managing the development of our Made to Measure Product
- Being the internal champion for the product and user
- Leading and communicating the product vision
- Responsible for understanding customer needs and existing market
- Assessing the impact of potential developments and maintaining a prioritised product backlog and release timeline
- Developing user stories and preliminary designs for the client-facing tools.
- Analysing, understanding and monitoring the impact of any change to a product or new product.
What makes you our next Product Manager?
- You have 3+ years experience as a Product Manager
- You will have 3+ years experience wireframing and usability testing
- You will enjoy data analysis and will have experience in experiment set-up skills
- You will be flexible and open to taking on more responsibilities as the role grows
- You’re a self starter, personable people person with excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and able to prioritise
- Familiar with or have worked within the agile framework
- You enjoy hypothesis driven approaches
- You have experience working with a technical team
- You have experience or a keen interest in the fashion/technology industry
What will help?
- You enjoy solving problems, and thinking creatively about them
- An entrepreneurial and commercial mindset
- Attention to detail, with the drive to continually develop new skills
- Ability to be agile and flexible in an ever changing environment
- An interest in fashion
What can Metail offer you?
- The chance to make a real difference in a fun startup environment.
- Competitive pay
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 8 days training per year and a generous budget.
- Sociable working environment.
- Annual travel card loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Great company culture with weekly cocktails and monthly company-wide drinks
- The chance to work alongside and learn from team members with a variety of different backgrounds including seasoned business professionals from the world of technology and fashion, PhDs, and bloggers.
A little bit more about Metail
The London Metail office is based in the heart of Aldgate East. Located in a redeveloped Victorian wool warehouse overlooking the East London skyline, Brick Lane, Spitalfields Market and everything in between is within short walking distance. We’re a sociable team, often having lunch together or a Friday night cocktail. The London office plays host to the annual Christmas Party where Metail’s Christmas Bake Off has become something of a tradition.
If you want to help to turn an innovative fashion technology start-up into a global brand and have the passion and ambition to really want to make a difference at this exciting company, then apply now.