Ethyca (https://ethyca.com) is a high-growth Series A remote startup on a mission to make Trust, Respect and Privacy a default feature of every tech stack. To accomplish this, we created the Fides open source language for data privacy (https://ethyca.com/fides/) and its related suite of free developer tools to enforce privacy policies as code, automate users’ right to access and erase their data, and much more. We believe software engineers are uniquely equipped to solve modern privacy challenges, but only if we work together on shared standards and best practice tools – come join our team and help make this a reality!
As a developer-first company, engineering is an integral part of everything at Ethyca. On the Product team, you’ll be making decisions that have a significant impact on the open-source projects and company. You will be in the unique position to learn from and listen to community feedback, and be in a high-visibility position to engage with the community. Thinking deeply about how systemic data privacy challenges can be solved through modern software development excites you, and turning that vision into goals and, further, turning goals into executable tasks. You will be reporting directly to the VP of Product and working on a small and agile product team that loves to get things done.
Who you are
- Experienced in the PM rodeo. You have been the primary technical product manager for at least 5 years, where you’ve managed developer tools, open source, or software engineer-targeted consumer products. Whether you were an engineer in a past life, or just engineering-curious, you’re an adept orchestrator of balancing features and fixes to be done against existing engineering team priorities. You know where to keep and when to cut and to write and update requirements against this.
- An advocate for great developer experiences. You know what a great developer experience looks like for tools that don’t necessarily have a UI. You can fire up a CLI and recognize what good vs great feels like for developer users of all seniority levels. You understand that comprehensible documentation served both in-place and on a documentation site add to the overall DX and drives adoption.
- A driver of meaningful results. Through collaboration with your team you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share and celebrate and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want. You know the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
- An excellent communicator, both written and spoken. You know how to turn vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team. You excel at keeping a cross-functional team of UX, engineers, and marketers working effectively and efficiently. You’re comfortable with customer interaction and know how to align expectations accordingly.
- Organized and disciplined. It’s second nature for you to build and define processes to organize multiple work streams along with leveraging tools to ensure maximum productivity. We are a fast-paced team, but want to move quickly and with intent and it takes a master orchestrator like you to keep everyone rowing together, in the same direction.
- Champion for efficiency, but not beholden to it. The work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
What you will do
- Build and maintain the roadmap for our open source developer tools, a suite of community-visible projects shaping the future of building respectful software.
- Create and manage issues, releases and projects in Github, prioritizing and backlogging work to be done.
- Ensure tasks are thoroughly scoped and detailed with clear acceptance criteria for engineers to carry forward with minimal context switching in sprint-style agile development.
- Apply prioritization skills when faced with ambiguous product scenarios.
- Engage with the community at large, liaising between the community and internal stakeholders.
- Report progress on goals to the greater team and externally.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage
- Remote-friendly office hours and vacation policy
- Sponsored company lunches and events
- Parental leave and 401K plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristics.
Ethyca is a distributed team with headquarters in NYC and remote workers across the US. When it’s safe to meet again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to NYC a few times a year for company events. We are currently unable to sponsor visas so require that you are authorized to work in the USA.
We’re a data privacy company building a missing piece of the Internet’s infrastructure: the trust layer that empowers users and businesses to manage data respectfully. Every day, we’re solving challenges for customers and thinking about the future of human rights as society increasingly moves online. If this sounds intriguing and you’re excited to shape that future with us, we’d love to talk to you!