Ethyca (https://ethyca.com) is a high-growth Series A remote startup on a mission to make Trust, Respect, and Privacy a default feature of every tech stack. To accomplish this, we created the Fides open source language for data privacy (https://ethyca.com/fides/) and its related suite of free developer tools to enforce privacy policies as code, automate users’ right to access and erase their data, and much more. We believe software engineers are uniquely equipped to solve modern privacy challenges, but only if we work together on shared standards and best practice tools – come join our team and help make this a reality!
As a developer-first company, engineering is an integral part of everything at Ethyca. As the Product Manager for Enterprise Partnerships, you’re an integral member of the Product Team that works directly with our enterprise-scale, well-respected technology partners to understand their needs. You’re a subject matter expert with our open source solutions, but have a discerning eye for feature requirements that belong in the core product versus a custom build for that partner. You will be in the unique position to learn from and listen to feedback from the most influential technology companies, and strongly steer roadmap decisions for the core products. Thinking deeply about how systemic data privacy challenges can be solved through modern software development excites you, and turning that vision into goals and, further, turning goals into executable tasks. You will be reporting directly to the VP of Product and working with a dedicated engineering squad for partner engagements.
Who you are
- Experienced in the PM rodeo. You have been a product manager for at least 3 years or in a customer-forward requirements gathering role for a B2B company. Whether you’ve worked at an agency that builds custom apps, or operated in an implementations or solutions engineer capacity, you’re an astute listener to customer needs, and you know how to write requirements for extensible features that meets the demand for a large number of customers. You know how to work with an engineering team to deliver maximum value to our partners on features that do not make sense for the core product.
- An advocate for enterprise engagement. You know what a large technology company needs and how to navigate a highly matrixed organization to build personas and fulfill stakeholder needs. Your technical background allows you to empathize with what good vs great feels like for enterprise developers of all seniority levels. You understand the depth of features that are required to drive continued partner interest from engineers, up to the General Counsel.
- A driver of meaningful results. Through collaboration with an engineering team you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share and celebrate and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want. You know the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
- An excellent communicator, both written and spoken. You know how to turn vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team. You excel at keeping an internal and external teams of engineering managers, engineers, and lawyers working effectively and efficiently. You’re comfortable with customer interaction and know how to align expectations accordingly.
- Organized and disciplined. It’s second nature for you to build and define processes to organize multiple work streams along with leveraging tools to ensure maximum productivity. We are a fast-paced team, but want to move quickly and with intent and it takes a master orchestrator like you to keep everyone rowing together, in the same direction.
- Champion for efficiency, but not beholden to it. The work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
What you will do
- Collect requirements through discovery with development partners using user interviews, architecture diagrams, persona building, and whatever means necessary to understand what a great privacy program looks like for that organization.
- Discern what enhancements should be made to the core product and which features should be delivered as a custom solution on a per-partner basis.
- Consult with partner stakeholders by navigating them through the discovery process and providing feedback and updates on core and custom product decisions, as well as provide insight into what “great” data privacy looks like through the lens of Ethyca.
- Work with other product managers to prioritize features for the core products, advocating for the enterprise experience according to partner demand.
- Collaborate with your Technical Project Manager, who is responsible for managing the account relationship, project management, and contract timelines.
- Partner with engineering to ensure tasks are thoroughly scoped and detailed with clear acceptance criteria, so work can carry forward with minimal context switching in sprint-style agile development.
- Apply prioritization skills and data-driven decision making when faced with ambiguous product scenarios.
- Report progress on goals to the greater internal team and externally.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage
- Remote-friendly office hours and vacation policy
- Sponsored company lunches and events
- Parental leave and 401K plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristics.
Ethyca is a distributed team with headquarters in NYC and remote workers across the US. When it’s safe to meet again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to NYC a few times a year for company events. We are currently unable to sponsor visas so require that you are authorized to work in the USA.
We’re a data privacy company building a missing piece of the Internet’s infrastructure: the trust layer that empowers users and businesses to manage data respectfully. Every day, we’re solving challenges for customers and thinking about the future of human rights as society increasingly moves online. If this sounds intriguing and you’re excited to shape that future with us, we’d love to talk to you!