Lean Library, a part of Technology from SAGE, was founded by librarians for librarians. Our mission is to help redefine, enable and amplify the power of the academic library in order to advance student learning and researcher impact. Our core solution is a browser extension which streamlines access to academic resources and content at the point of need. Over 150 libraries use this solution from universities all over the world including Harvard, NTU and Cambridge. Over the next few years we aim to pioneer a new approach to library services, bringing the library directly into patron’s workflows to accelerate learning and research. If this sounds interesting to you and you are looking for a role where you can partner with libraries to help them meet new opportunities and challenges, then we would love you to join our team!
To lead the definition and delivery of enhancement projects, as assigned, for Lean Library, working towards achieving the business goals and KPIs set out for the product, collaborating closely with stakeholders of all levels across the business. To be a product expert within the business, demonstrating a deep curiosity in all aspects of the product and the market, building a strong knowledge of the key users and customers, acting as an advocate for their needs and views. To promote and execute product management best practices within the team and to continually strive to improve the way we are doing things and drive efficiencies, e.g. by using Toyota Kata methodologies, to contribute towards moving in the strategic direction of the product. Includes management responsibilities.
You will think big about the opportunities for your product(s), while focusing on practical, achievable deliverables to improve and grow Lean Library’s product offering. You and your team will drive product improvements, redesigns, and new product launches through the appropriate processes and will be accountable for successful decision making. You will demonstrate a deep curiosity in all aspects of your product, working diligently to build a strong knowledge of the target users and buyers.
- Manage the definition and delivery of Lean Library, collaborating with relevant stakeholders, UX, design teams and the technology vendor for the product(s), responsible for QM processes, carrying out user testing, quality assurance testing & business acceptance testing (together with the Product Owner), so as to meet the business goals and KPIs set out for the product.
- Lead project teams and meetings, driving discussions and decision makings
- Recommend and develop key roadmap priorities, in consultation with the Head of Product
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product, who is using it by analysing product usage data and conducting user research. Set, monitor and analyse KPIs for all enhancement projects.
- Manage the new product development strategy and it’s execution
- Collaborate with key team members from across the business working on the day-to-day running of the product to improve efficiencies and solve product-related issues.
- Communicate internally and contribute to external communication, with non-technical language, as relevant, to ensure product enhancements and success are promoted and understood, and that any issues or bugs affecting the use of the product are shared and handled, as appropriate.
- Interact regularly with product customers & users to ensure full understanding of their wants, needs and perspectives in order to be an effective voice within SAGE / Lean Library advocating their viewpoint.
- Establish strong relationships with product stakeholders, promoting the reputation of the product, and the work of the Product Innovation department.
- Actively engage in emerging technologies, techniques and innovations to drive strategic business decisions.
- Experience working in Product Management
- Awareness of the Academic Publishing Industry
- Awareness & Experience (preferable) of Library Systems, such as Link Resolvers, Discovery Tools and Integrated Library Systems
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective stress management skills
- Strong working knowledge of the full suite and administration of Office 365 Microsoft solutions
- Strong knowledge of product management best practices
- Good understanding of the latest tech trends.
- Good understanding of web development practices and it’s technical aspects
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and/or other data analytics / data management tools
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a fast-changing environment.
- The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with clients and a range of different stakeholders both within a core team (Lean Library) and in matrix settings (SAGE Publishing colleagues)
- Preferably you’ll some sort of IT experience, e.g. web development / development management
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.