We are a fintech scale-up working in an area ripe for disruption: accounting and bookkeeping. CANDIS helps companies regain control over their accounts payable process (think: collecting invoices, data entry, pre-account assignment, and payments). By providing a well-designed and intuitive app, we strive to make working lives better–not just for accountants, but for every employee.
We empower finance teams with software to generate financial insights that support decision-making and help businesses scale… all while making a meaningful sustainable impact by reducing paper waste.
We live by one simple phrase: YES WE CANDIS!
- YES: Positive Thinking & Persistence – “Optimists find solutions, pessimists find problems.” And we know: there is always a solution.
- WE: Collaboration & Humanity – The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We act as a company, but respect each person. We are empathetic and humble.
- CAN: Learning & Improving – “Try. Learn. Improve.” We accept that we do not know everything and act fast to become better.
- DIS: Focus & Ownership – We execute with clear focus and make sure that tasks are delivered.
About the Role:
Our product teams are empowered to solve hard problems – customer problems and business problems – in ways that our customers love, yet work for our business. We work cross-functionally, typically with a product manager, a product designer, and several engineers.
We process billions of Euros in invoice volume each year. As a Product Manager for Credit Cards at CANDIS, you will lead the effort to monetize this volume by introducing our new credit card offering. As an expert in the field, you will develop and build an offering dedicated to creating a best-in-class credit card experience for our customers, while partnering with business development to create a profitable monetization strategy.
Together with your team, you will take full ownership of the credit card space at CANDIS, including market and customer research, partner selection and management, product discovery, and delivery. Together with our go-to-market teams, you will bring that product to market and ensure successful adoption. You will develop a deep understanding of the product and the market it exists in, as well as how it helps consumers to make progress towards their goals of better payment processes–and ultimately, better relationships with their suppliers and employees.
Who You Are:
You work tirelessly with designers and engineers on your team to ensure that the product you’re building is adopted by the user. You are a shepherd for the product development process, providing context to your team so they can do their best work, and ensuring that your team continuously makes decisions to move things forward driven by the best solution, not by consensus.
You believe that, as a great Product Manager, you and your team must talk to prospects and customers every week (in German), but you also value technical excellence and development processes. After all, Product and Engineering are not really separate. You have previously aced product manager roles with direct responsibility for your product (part), worked with software development teams on a daily basis, driven product betas and roll-out processes, and have a strong understanding of applications and web services. You understand why good code quality matters, and how you can enable your team to achieve that.
You are excited to use your experience in the field of credit cards to provide valuable input on how we can position ourselves in the market and avoid potential pitfalls, especially when it comes to compliance and regulatory questions. You’ve been there and done that; you know what works, and what doesn’t.
- Native-level fluency in both German and English
- Strong understanding of how credit cards work. (You have worked on this topic in the past and you know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to topics like compliance and data security.)
- Experience working successfully with Product Designers and Tech Leads
- Solid understanding of how to build both value and features incrementally
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Strong product discovery skills
- Proven history of delivering features and results
Nice to Have:
- Background in Finance or Technology
- Solid understanding of accounting processes within a company
- Technical understanding of feature flagging (You understand the mechanisms behind rolling out features gradually to particular customer segments while gathering feedback to make a release decision.)
- Technical understanding of the software development lifecycle and best practices
- Experience with compliance, financial data, and data security
- User research experience
- Experience driving adoption and go-to-market processes (You know how to work with sales, marketing and customer success to bring new offerings to the market.)
Don’t worry about formalities. We care about you and your motivation – not the font size of your CV. We know that perfect candidates don’t exist, so even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you!
Feel free to contact us via e-mail, give us a call, drop by the office, or send a pigeon our way. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂