❤️ Work closely with the CEO to ensure we are delivering the right features for our existing customers and to ensure we are attractive for new customers to join. This includes identifying areas to work on next, doing initial research, and figuring out how we tackle problems our customers are facing.
🥇 Help the team identify and test possible solutions, e.g. building excel models, creating prototypes, sketching UIs (with our designer). Prioritise and scope potential solutions (e.g. determining MVP feature set)
⛹️ Be a core member of our early team, helping to shape the future of Surfboard and our approach to design, copy, and research alongside teammates in design, engineering and data science.
💬 Regularly conduct research to understand the needs and behaviours of the different personas our product interacts with: customer service agents (surfers), team leads, and C-suite.
📺 Contribute to brand design and product marketing, including our website and marketing materials.
👍 We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Obsessively care about customers and the need to regularly communicate with them soliciting feedback and ensuring Surfboard is making their lives 100x better.
- Test your ideas quickly through prototyping, user testing, research, gathering feedback, and breaking down quantitative data. Your focus is making sure we’re building valuable products that our users love.
- Can wear multiple hats and context switch quickly. You’ll go from managing our design team, to conducting user research, onboarding a new customer or creating messaging for website and sales collateral.
- Can balance attention to detail with pace – you want to get things right and care a lot about building the right things, but you also know at this stage we’ve got to experiment.
- Experience working with engineers, designers and data scientists.
👎 This might not be a good fit if you:
- Want to focus only on a specific aspect of product management – we’re looking for a strong generalist, someone who is equally comfortable conducting user research as they are developing our product strategy and vision for the next two years.
- Need the support of a large team. We’re deliberately very lean and while we are growing our engineering and design team, we need someone who wont be blocked by limited resources and can still make sure we are building.
- Have not worked closely with engineers and designers previously.
Annual salary: £50,000-£80,000 dependent on experience, plus £25k – £35k of EMI options
💰 Competitive salary (see roles below for salary ranges)
📈 Tax-efficient EMI share options
🏝 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
🗓 Opportunity to take a month-long unpaid sabbatical after 2 years
📚 £500/yr professional development budget
🍼 12 weeks paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
🎳 Team socials (on an ad-hoc basis while we’re small)