Humi’s mission is to help organizations throughout Canada foster their greatest asset – their employees. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance platform, Humi has established a leadership position as the only company addressing all of these needs in one place. With a potential reach spanning every business in Canada, and a platform that touches every employee at every business that uses it, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Are you an experienced Product Manager who’s owned the development of SaaS products looking for an opportunity to lead a team within a rapidly growing startup where you will be given autonomy to own your roadmap?
As a Senior Product Manager here at Humi, you will make an immediate impact by building products to support our business’ rapid growth. You will guide a cross-functional squad through the development of complex features, working with others to make tradeoff decisions, prioritize the right things, and ensure we are shipping extremely high-quality products. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of Engineers, UX, and Marketers as well as customers to define, build, and launch mission-critical initiatives.
You should be a team player, natural leader, and consistent influencer in regards to the “why” and the “what” of your area of focus. You will constantly strive for domain expertise by immersing yourself in the insurance and group health benefits space.
What you will be doing as a Senior Product Manager?
This role will be hyper-focused on the HR aspect of our product. Humi is an all-in-one solution product with a hub and spoke modular product. The role will immediately manage a squad focused on recruiting, but will also support other areas of focus in the HR product. We’re looking for someone who has a strong interest in building tools that help growing companies get the most out of their people, and tools that enable employees to get the most out of their companies.
We’re looking for someone who has a strong interest in building tools that help growing companies get the most out of their people, and tools that enable employees to get the most out of their companies.
- You will be responsible for product ownership, including backlog grooming, triage and prioritization, and cross-functional coordination
- You will be defining the scope of development for new product features and ongoing feature enhancements including all management of backlog and development activities
- You will write and prioritize epics, user stories, and define acceptance criteria
- You will establish and maintain a high level of credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- You will leverage your analytical ability to back your decisions with data
- You will effectively use data and analytics layered against high-quality user research to inform the direction of the product line
- You will be responsible for tracking progress, assessing risks, coordinating delivery, and actively communicate contingency and mitigation plans for the team
- You will run various ad-hoc research and business analyses to assess opportunities and risks
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Onboard and integrate into the Humi Product team
- Become acquainted with your product area, the product goals, and those you will work closely with
- Independently start to study and learn the Humi product suite
- Independently start to build a knowledge base and domain expertise within the payroll domain
- Talk with customers to build knowledge and empathy toward our users
In the first 60 days, you will:
- Immerse yourself in our product development and build process
- Work cross-functionally and with product leadership to organize and prioritize your high-level roadmap and backlog
- Start working closely with your development and design team
- Continue to learn the Humi product suite
- Take over all in-flight and planned initiatives
In the first 90 days, you will:
- Fully support a product area, working with product leadership to complete quarterly planning and set OKRs
- Fully own roadmap planning for the swim lanes within your product squad
- Ship features that deliver high business impact
- Be fully embedded into and owning a development team
- Monitor and measure the success of your initiatives against company goals
- Continuously improve your team’s practice and processes
In the first year you will:
- Work with product leadership to discover new product opportunities for your backlog
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering upon your roadmap initiatives
- Work with other product managers to measure and refine your roadmap, backlog, and processes to make improvements over time
- Constantly re-evaluate your roadmap’s alignment with the strategic goals of the business, adjusting where necessary
- Deliver on your roadmap priorities and promises
- Ensure your team has an incredible record of building impactful products in a timely and elegant fashion
- Have worked cross-functionally to scale your team to meet the growing needs of our business and our users
- Ship product that directly supports the success of our company objectives
What are we looking for in a Senior Product Manager?
- 4+ years of software Product Management experience
- Sophisticated understanding of the digital finance space
- Financial and accounting math knowledge
- Ability to influence others through leadership and strong communications skills
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced and pivot in a dynamic environment
- Ability to analyze data as well as to conduct research through various discussions with customers and teammates
- Ability to create wireframes and user flows to articulate ideas to product designers
- Detail-oriented with a high bar for quality when writing user stories, reviewing designs, brainstorming technical approaches, and testing a feature before it is released
- Be humble, willing to learn, and do whatever is needed to help your team members to accomplish the team goals
- Experience using agile development methodologies with globally distributed teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You must be a world-class individual contributor and team player to thrive at Humi
- Completed Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration
Nice to Haves:
- You have a passion for the HR tech, recruiting, or fintech space
- You’ve worked in a cross-functional team previously where you and your squad took ownership of the success of an area of focus