About Zopa: Making money fair and simple
We are Zopa, the original fintech pioneer. Our products help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In November 2016 we announced plans to build a next generation bank – to make money simple and fair for even more people. And the journey doesn’t stop here.
It’s a steep road, but we’re excited about the challenges ahead. What’s more – we’re ready for them. Instead of sitting in departmental silos, we work in cross-functional teams centred around customer needs. It lets us collaborate more. Use data smarter. Move faster, innovate, and build better products. These teams are supported by operations teams that deliver award-winning customer service.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
About the role – Product manager for Open Banking product
As Zopa embarks on its next chapter, with more products and more customers than ever before, we are on the lookout for a technology-focused product manager who will get excited about building the Open Banking infrastructure to help us make money fair and simple. Success will require a deep understanding of APIs, a keen interest in regulation and how it can help us, and working well with lots of people from different departments (including legal, compliance, and InfoSec).
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for shipping code that allows us to make the most of Open Banking – whether in a personal finance management tool or for making better lending decisions.
This is a super exciting role for anyone who’s been following Open Banking, who loves APIs, and who wants to play a part in actually making the possibilities real for consumers. This person will report to the Head of New Products.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop and own the roadmap for the product
- Lead and motivate the team building Zopa’s Open Banking product(s)
- Take a big role in the ongoing hiring of the team (even if you haven’t hired heavily before, we’ll help and coach you on how to do this)
- Run the agile process for your team = ultimately ship code
- Work closely with other product teams to help them understand and utilise your new Open Banking service in their own world
- Engage with the regulatory conversation around Open Banking / PSD2: understand what is being discussed, and if needed, prepare feedback on behalf of Zopa
- Stretch goal: Help Zopians understand the Open Banking / PSD2 regulations and how they could be game changing
What you’re probably like:
- Deeply passionate about improving financial services and creating the best place for money
- Detail oriented, with an inquisitive mind, and strong structure in your thinking
- Technically minded, you understand APIs, can probably read code and have maybe dabbled in front end development
- Execution focused, you get strategy but know it’s only as valuable as its execution
- On top of market trends and what’s going on in financial services, especially Open Banking
- Able to switch from creative to decision-making mode and vice versa quickly
- Good at motivating and inspiring the people working with you to not settle for “OK”
- Thorough, low-ego, pragmatic, and enjoy working with and learning from different functions
Some things we’d like to see evidence of in your application:
- Proven experience and skills in product management
- Experience in working with development teams, ideally running an agile process
- Highly analytical and data-driven with technical analysis skills (be that advanced Excel, Python, SQL etc.)
- Strong empathy – especially with customers, but also with colleagues and your team
- Bonus points for Open Banking / PSD2 know-how and experience
- Enjoys keeping lots of plates spinning at once, and communicating clearly