# About us
Vauban is making it easy to become a VC by providing the infrastructure needed as an online service.
Whether you want to raise on a deal-by-deal basis (through a syndicate) or through a fund, our platform lets you fundraise from investors to back startups in a few clicks.
You focus on finding great startups to invest in, we sort out the rest.
We have been trusted by angel investors and large venture capital firms alike to create over 500 funds & SPVs, holding over $1bn in the capital.
We have helped investors own stakes in such companies as Airbnb, Revolut, Bolt, SpaceX, Tide and many more.
We are not stopping there – we are growing 200% year on year and want to become the biggest investment platform in the world by bringing together all the good companies and all private investors in a single ecosystem.
# The challenges you’ll help to tackle
As we are starting to build a consumer product, an investment app, we are hiring a senior product professional to lead that project and manage the Product team.
Product, UX & Design is at the centre of everything we do at Vauban. We got featured in the Best of Behance for our redesign (https://www.behance.net/galler…) & we are constantly working on optimising our UX flows.
- The feedback loop in the private market is slow (average return of capital is 5y +): how do you drive investor engagement?
We need to connect our app to multiple banking partners: how do you make sure the users have a consistent experience?
- Investing in private markets like venture capital involves complexity: how do you help streamline our platform for investors to create the best possible user experience?
- Filling in financial product sign-up, onboarding and KYC forms can be a painful process; how do you create a workflow that sparks joy for our users?
- How do you balance the need for internal tools and applications to help automate existing processes for busy teammates vs. the need to make the user experience more elegant?
# The impact you’ll have
Helping to create an unmatched investing experience will lead to more investments in the VC asset class and ultimately provide funding to founders with ideas that can change the world. You will join and lead our growing product team that will play a critical part in our business success as grow quickly after recently closing a Series-A fundraise.
# Who you are
- Passionate about Venture Capital: if you are excited as we are when we hear these words, you’re in the right place.
- Master of Product: 5+ years of experience in a product role, ideally in fintech and on mobile.
- Knowledge and skills developed across a variety of tools that help you create wireframes, design mock-ups and model process workflows (e.g. Invision, Figma, etc).
- Creative enough to imagine your own testing edge cases and then patient enough to iteratively test (and retest) until the feature workflow is working perfectly, 100% of the time. Attention to detail is key here.
- Enthusiastic about the venture capital industry and understand the basic mechanics of crowd-funding.
- Not intimidated by terms like regulation, compliance and legal within the financial services industry – that’s the core of our product. Some experience in workflow design for challenger bank onboarding, KYC or similar would be ideal!
# How we work
We have a simple philosophy – we live, breathe and lead by 4 key values:
Courage – We undertake stark missions and bold strategic moves that most find crazy, and we fight courageously to make them happen.
Pioneer – Traditional players in our industry offer extremely poor user experiences, they are full of assumptions used as excuses to remain in the past. We think from first principles and debunk myths, doing things in a way that has never been done before.
Polymath – Vauban is an end-to-end product, each of our containers has a lot of expertise behind it: engineering, legal, finance and design. But it’s perfectly integrated. This is because we have no divisions: everyone has an interest in what the other is doing. If you often find yourself searching about various things online to constantly learn, you are at home at Vauban.
110% – We work hard and smart. We believe in the concept of scale down to the smallest level, where adding a little more productivity at the micro-level can build towards extraordinary outcomes.
# What we can offer you:
- Be a part of a growing technology start-up and shape the future of alternative investments
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Mafia Employee Syndicate – get access to and invest in the very best private deals in the world from small investment amounts. No other company can offer you this.
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Free IPA & great coffee
- Free Books
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Office in Shoreditch
- Team gaming nights/dinners and the best parties
- Opportunity to enrich our Spotify playlist
# About Vauban
Vauban was founded by Rémy Astie and Ulric Musset with a passion to revolutionise the way we invest in private companies – by making it as simple and pain-free as how you would invest on Robinhood in public stocks.