Our mission is to make screen time a win-win for parents and children, we do that by helping kids to learn through the shows they love, striking a balance between learning and fun. As one of the top-ranking kids apps on the App Store in 20 countries and counting, one of the App Store’s Best of 2015 and 2016 selection, as well as Kidscreen 2016 Best Streaming Video Platform and Best App in the Little London Awards 2017, we already do this for over 1 million families.
Our investors and advisors include Sony Pictures Television, Sandbox & Co, Peter Read (LoveFilm), MADE.com CTO Jonathan Howell, and Davina McCall.
Our users are children between 2-6yrs old (and their parents).
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a product manager to join our team (currently of 3 product people). At Hopster, the product team are the responsible for the discovery and delivery of new products and features, as well as considering the product lifecycle of existing products and features.
Your mission will be to drive user engagement across our apps/games by working directly with children and parents to build fun learning experiences. You’ll be a product person with a strong sense of empathy, is great at building relationships, and has a broad range of skills that can help you achieve this mission.
You will likely have:
- Previously held a consumer-facing product role with additional professional experience working in the technology sector
- Significant experience of working closely with teams of engineers and designers
- Used data and qualitative research methods to cultivate a deep understanding of your users
- Experience in taking the initiative; you have used discovery methods and a product mindset to identify and act on product opportunities
- A creative flair; you know the limitations of being entirely analytical
- Good communication skills to build relationships with people around our business
- Some previous experience of working with playful products or gaming experiences for young children is desirable
Your role will include:
- Representing the user: bring the user to the centre of conversations
- Discovery: you will be responsible for mobilising your team to identify and act upon the best product opportunities relevant to your team’s goal
- Delivery: you will be responsible for taking ownership when in delivery
- Measuring success: you will be responsible for identifying success criteria, defining tracking requirements, and following up on results
- Prioritising: one core responsibility of product people at Hopster is to synthesise information, collaborate with tech leads and others to identify priorities
- Be the point of contact: you will be the go-to person in the company for information and knowledge regarding your team’s workstream
- Build relationships: you will get to know the various aspects of Hopster’s business, and be responsible for involving them in your workstreams at the right times
About working at Hopster
We understand children, and we are a diverse, ambitious team. We strive for a fast, fun, and creative environment. We embrace new ideas and work together to build a better Hopster. Everyone gets as much responsibility as they can handle and, as a rapidly growing company, we’d expect to offer people who perform well plenty of future growth opportunities.
You’ll get a personal project day each month where you can work on something that interests you. The food and drinks at the end of the sprint are on us.
Still sound good? Get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.
No recruiters please.