Our mission at FindHotel is to get every global traveller the best accommodation deal, worldwide. We strongly believe that travel is a key that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and landscapes. However, finding and booking the right accommodation online can be a complex task, as consumers have to navigate through an overwhelmingly large number of travel platforms and offers. The only way to make this task feasible, is by deeply understanding the behaviours, attitudes, and underlying motivations of travel consumers. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a UX Researcher to gather human insights from early concepts to implemented designs. The UX discipline within FindHotel currently consists of 7 UX professionals (designers and researchers) and is growing rapidly. You will be embedded in one of the consumer-facing teams, where you will work most closely with the product manager and UX designer within your team, and collaborate with associated data analysts and business stakeholders to ensure that UX research is incorporated throughout the development cycle. You report to the Human Insights Lead.
What you will do:
- Generate human insights that inform your team regarding bottlenecks and opportunities;
- Foster a team culture of empathy and understanding of user needs and actively involve your team members in every stage of the research process;
- Structurally guide your team to ask the right research questions;
- Adequately choose from an arsenal of qualitative and quantitative UX research methods, such as (remote) usability testing, surveys, click tests, session analysis, behavioural statistics, interviews, focus groups, benchmark research and NPS feedback;
- Concisely and persuasively communicate research insights to your team, enabling them to prioritise user problems and build the most meaningful solutions;
- Craft information radiators (such as persona’s and journey maps) to communicate insights and raise user awareness across the company;
- Collaborate on our long term UX research roadmap, including tactical and foundational studies;
- Bonus if you can wireframe and prototype alternative solutions based on your research findings.
Who you are:
- An impact-oriented researcher with an insatiable curiosity about humans, digital products, and the interaction between the two;
- Academically educated in Consumer Psychology, Social Sciences, Behavioural Economics, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, or a related field;
- You have 4+ years experience as a dedicated UX Researcher within Agile teams;
- Comfortable with the fact that your research insights will impact millions of travellers;
- Responsible and trusted to choose the correct research method to answer the questions at hand;
- Able to easily switch between concept and detail level research;
- Able to keep yourself afloat in a continuously evolving scale-up;
- Knowledgeable about UI design challenges on complex e-commerce platforms;
- Native or fluent in English;
- Bonus if you have experience with localisation research.
Why join FindHotel now
- We aim to help 10M customers book on FindHotel annually by 2023, up from 3M in the past 12 months. We do that using data, transparency, and industry leading features, and managed to overcome the corona crisis remarkably fast;
- The company is evolving quickly to position itself among the global leaders in the travel industry. It is an exceptional journey to make: challenging, exciting, and a marvel to be part of;
- We place huge importance on rewarding our employees for the value they generate by giving Stock Appreciation Rights to all employees.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading about the attitude that thrives at FindHotel.
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow within an open, diverse culture which promotes knowledge sharing, trust and transparency;
- A great compensation package + perks and benefits (including significant stock appreciation rights);
Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely;
- You will be part of a highly international team that enjoys working, eating and playing together in one of the best office locations in Amsterdam;
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional barbecue in our garden;
- We enjoy getting together to celebrate our wins with company events in Amsterdam and abroad;
- A budget for your dream home office.
We encourage people from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, ages and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
Blog posts worth reading:
Follow us on Instagram to see what life at FindHotel looks like.