At COTA, our vision is for data-driven cancer care to become the standard across healthcare. We believe that everyone touched by cancer deserves a clear path to care. Together, we can make that vision a reality.
We’re searching for smart, motivated people who share our passion for bringing clarity to cancer. Connect with us, introduce yourself, and apply to one of our current openings.
Working at COTA comes with many perks! At COTA, we are committed to workplace wellness and employee happiness. Some of the benefits for working full time at COTA include:
- Medical / dental / vision benefits
401k / retirement
Monthly commuter benefits
Stock option grants
Unlimited paid time off
Paid sick time – 40 hrs/year
11 paid holidays per year
Paid Parental leave
Company team building events
Educational lunch & learns
Fun and productive culture
Employee-led Diversity & Inclusion committee
Gourmet coffee and cold brew
LOCATION: New York, NY
COTA is seeking a Product Associate to join our Data Product team. Today, COTA offers a real world data product to life science and provider researchers to accelerate a variety of research studies. For example, for diseases where it is difficult to perform a traditional clinical trial, COTA helps researchers contextualize data that is collected for single-arm trials by illustrating the standard of care for these patients. Additionally, COTA’s data has helped with early drug discovery and development, HEOR studies, and has even accompanied trial data in FDA submissions. As the oncology real world data industry grows, COTA is looking to grow its product team and this is a unique opportunity for anyone looking to break into product management or continue growing his or her product management skill set by helping a proven, competitive product to scale even further within the market.
- Own and lead new and existing initiatives for COTA’s data product
- Gather and write product requirements for existing products based on external and internal feedback
- Own data product specifications for specific diseases, clients, and projects
- Own external collateral for specific diseases, clients, and projects – e.g. datasheets, data dictionaries, etc.
- Conduct market research and advisor interviews to guide discovery and concepting
- Review and test new product features prior to release
- Facilitate collaboration and alignment amongst stakeholders within COTA – product, clinical, engineering, analysts, design, and leadership
- Work alongside technical teams to delivery product features and conduct analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Medical, Sciences, Nursing Programs or related field or equivalent practical experience
- 1-2 years of product management or equivalent practical experience
- Highly organized, detail oriented, passionate about oncology, positive, self-starter, excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to conduct a basic market assessment (will be tested with a take-home test)
- Able to write clear, concise product requirements and prioritize (will be tested with a take-home test)
- Embodies COTA’s core values – accountable, collaborative, inclusive, innovative, and fun
- Basic level knowledge and interest in learning SQL (will be tested in interview process)
- Has demonstrated an ability to take a business, project, or product from conception to execution and able to articulate either the impact that resulted or was desired or even the failures and what was learned
- Experience with applications commonly used in product management – e.g. JIRA, Excel
- Basic technical skills relating to COTA’s products – e.g. SQL, Python, etc.
- Able to lead product strategy and roadmaps based on market research, user interviews, and product usage data
- Able to demonstrate to external stakeholders how COTA’s products will meet their needs
- Able to quickly ramp on oncology clinical concepts and terminology
At COTA, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity with the belief that it drives our innovation. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is a guiding principle on how we build teams and develop leaders. As part of our commitment to building a respectful culture that encourages, develops and celebrates different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, culture, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions, including decisions to hire and promote, will be based on merit, competence, business need and performance.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
All employees who work from or enter COTA’s office location or attend company events or meetings in-person must be fully vaccinated unless an exemption applies.
“NOTICE OF COLLECTION OF APPLICANT PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT (CCPA)
This Notice applies only to the collection of personal information from California residents on and from January 1, 2020. Cota (“we”) is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of our job applicants’ personal information. In connection with your application for employment, we will collect and process personal information that you provide to us or that we obtain through employment agencies, background check agencies, your professional or educational references or other third parties or service providers. This information includes contact information, such as name, email address, telephone number and other identifiers, professional or employment related information, and education information. We may also collect information concerning your protected characteristics if voluntarily provided by you. We will use your personal information and share it with third parties solely for purposes of considering your application for employment, and should you be hired, in connection with your employment.”