Product Designer / This is a 3 month contract role
The world’s first computer vision unicorn ($1 Billion valued company) for financial services. Our mission is to use the latest breakthroughs in AI to solve real world problems and improve people’s lives across the world.
We put a car expert in people’s pocket so when you get into an accident, a few photos with your smartphone is all you need to get back to normal faster. This year our AI is also helping families recover faster after their homes have been destroyed by natural disasters. We’ve accelerated accident recovery for over a million households, and helped recycle about as many cars as Tesla put on the road in 2019.
On top of that, we’ve got a best in class working culture focused around autonomy, collaboration, continuous learning, flexible working and more. In fact, we are a Certified ‘Great Place to Work 2021’ and rated 5/5 on Glassdoor due to our enjoyable and vibrant working culture and laser sharp focus on employee well-being.
The product you’ll be working on:
Our team takes deep learning research and uses it to build game-changing products for the automotive industry. We take ideas from an interesting teatime chat, to a proof-of-concept, to a first customer, to a global expansion, in a matter of months. Our focus is on creating scalable, fully AI solutions to improve the lives of drivers worldwide, and our innovation has improved the lives of 100,000s of people so far (really). We’re a fun and ambitious team, and looking for someone to join us on our exciting journey!
The Inspection Team is all about reliably, transparently assessing the condition of cars around the world. That expands across rental cars, parts recycling, used car sales, and many more verticals.
Our vision is to create an automated, trackable, trustable history of a car from when it is first manufactured, to when it reaches the end of its life and is recycled. To do this, we created the Pocket AI: an app that empowers laypeople to become expert vehicle assessors.
What you will be doing:
You will be creating an understanding of our users, their journeys and workflows, as well as transforming complex tasks into intuitive and easy-to-use designs for all our end-users, from first-time users to experts.
This will involve:
- Working closely with product managers, engineers, researchers and cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Working embedded in a product development team to understand requirements, and iterate on creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicating the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Helping to integrate user feedback and customer requirements into ongoing updates of our products.
- Advocating for the prioritization of design centered changes and improvements to our products.
Skills / experience we’re looking for:
- Solid experience in this role (or a similar design role) for a product company (ideally SaaS)
- Expert in conducting early, iterative discovery to validate new product ideas
- Demonstrable experience being able to work cross-functionally with other teams (Engineers, Product Managers etc)
- Experience designing responsive user interfaces and creating prototypes
- Strong ownership mentality and perseverance
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Portfolio of work supporting your experience creating great user experiences
Voluntary presence in the office until April 2022 minimum due to COVID-19. Ordinarily based in Old Street, London