carwow is looking for a Group Product Manager to join our Product organisation in London.
Buying or selling a car shouldn’t be difficult! That’s why here at carwow we are on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. We’re not all petrolheads – just a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with over 350 carwowers in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal .
Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million users and a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. We are also very proud to be backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
Our Product Organisation
carwow is scaling rapidly. Our product organisation currently includes 9 product squads and we are looking to expand to 14 in 2022. This growth will allow the expansion into different products and adjacent markets, which is one of our key strategic pillars for the next 2-3 years. In this context, we are moving our organisation towards a “Tribes and Squads” structure and we are looking for a product leader to lead one of our Tribes from a product management perspective. For more information about our Product Organisation, please visit our medium blog (here)
About the role
As a Group Product Manager you will lead one of our tribes (comprising 3-4 squads) focusing on our New Car proposition, including Leasing. You’d work closely with our product leadership (CTO, CPO, Head of Design, Head of Product Analytics and another Group Product manager) to define and execute the product strategy while coaching and developing our group of product managers.
– Strategy: Create, together with our CPO and the product managers, an exciting product vision and strategy for the New Car and Leasing vertical, leading the transition towards E2E online experiences with increasingly sophisticated partners
– Impact driven: Work with product managers to define and track the right OKRs that provide focus on the right priorities for the teams to solve customer problems in a way that moves key business outcomes.
– Communication: Ensures all people involved are aware of the tribe strategy, initiatives, priorities and progress
– Stake-holder management: Build relationships and collaborate with senior stakeholders across the business (commercial leadership, growth marketing leadership) in a empathetic way to align objectives, get the right input and influence them to make things happen
– Coaching and development: Coach and develop 3-4 product managers in line with our product management career framework and be responsible for all aspects of their success, both in their current role and their longer-term career
– Ways of working: Being a guardian and evangeliser of our Product Principles and Discovery and Deliver process, whilst challenging them to be better every day as a Product organisation
You’ll fit in well if:
– You are a strategic thinker, being able to think both top down and bottom up
– You’ve directly led successful consumer products from concept to adoption, with experience in all stages of the product life cycle and during rapid growth.
– You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships.
– You’ve directly managed Product Managers and are passionate about developing people and supporting them to be part of high-performing teams.
– You have the ability to think on your feet and tackle intellectually challenging problems
– You know when to employ different approaches to product management and can balance lean-style MVP experimental work with focused iteration.
– You understand the power and value of world-class design
– You have experienced creating a culture of discovery and properly understanding problems and opportunities, before jumping into solutions
– You’re analytical and enjoy using data and qualitative insights to make decisions.
Bonus points for:
– Experience in marketplaces or e-commerce
– Experience in business with enterprise partners or clients (e.g. B2C marketplaces, Enterprises SaaS)
– A competitive salary with equity in the company (share options)
25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative religious holiday of your choice*
– Life insurance (4 x basic salary)
– Private pension scheme (carwow will match contributions up to 5%)
– Private medical health insurance with Vitality
– Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
– The latest core Tech (Macbook Air or PC Surface Pro)
– Home Office budget of £500/€550
– Salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
– Subsidised gym membership (50% off David Lloyds, Virgin Active and Nuffield Health)