We’re a community of designers, engineers, and product managers who are passionate about building quality software. While our environment is collaborative and relaxed, we build products that are well-considered and well-architected.
We’re looking for an Associate Director of Product Management to join our team. Alongside our Head of Product Management and the rest of the product management leadership team you’ll play a key role in hiring, coaching, mentoring, and growing our team of 20+ product managers. This role is expected to support 2-5 direct reports. Additionally, you’ll play an active role on projects, helping guide strategic product decisions and ensuring we deliver great products for some of our biggest clients.
As an Associate Director of Product Management, you will:
- Work with Postlight leaders across the organization to support
- Postlight’s growing Product Management team
- Play an active role in developing PM-wide initiatives and growing the product management culture as part of the PM leadership team
- Support direct reports in their day-to-day activities and guide them to achieve the next level in their careers
- Recruit and hire great product managers in collaboration with Postlight’s recruiting team
- Lead complex project-level product efforts for Postlight, defining product strategy and supporting the team to ensure successful project delivery
- Support client pitch meetings for new potential clients and new work from our existing clients
- Regularly communicate project status, risks and mitigation paths with clients to ensure their continued happiness
- Ship products that reach millions of users around the world
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- Have an interest in management but want to continue owning product decisions
- Have managed direct reports and helped Product Managers advance in their careers
- Are an excellent written and verbal communicator and have experience leading engagements with clients and stakeholders, ideally in an agency setting or equivalent
- Are a strong collaborator with design and engineering, and build effective partnerships across disciplines
- Are a strategic product thinker with a passion for and track record of building and shipping exceptional software products
- Are able to operate at both high strategic levels and dive into the details when needed in complex or ambiguous problem areas
- Are interested in helping define and evolve Postlight’s product management philosophy, improving our product team’s effectiveness and efficiency
- Have experience building, developing, and selecting exceptional candidates under the mandate of growing a team
Possess an ability to rapidly build expertise on new businesses and industries
- Articulate strong opinions that are weakly held
- Are interested in continual learning and evolution in your career and those around you
Whether working on-site or with our remote employees, your communication skills will be as important as your technical ones. Collaborating across time zones requires constant, clear communication and coordination, via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences. Postlight is headquartered in New York City, but most of our team works remotely. We know how to keep everyone on the same page, and so should you.
Your skillset will grow at Postlight. You will join a team excited about the problems they solve and the tools they use to solve them. We keep pace with the industry and are active participants in the open-source world. You will find yourself regularly growing in your career, using new tools and frameworks to solve new kinds of problems—with support from management and mentors.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented groups apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Postlight encourages everyone interested in a role to apply. We look forward to your application!
Postlight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.