Bower Collective is a sustainable consumer goods business with a vision to build a world without plastic waste. We do this today through a combination of our unique online refill system (BowerPack™) and a broad range of plastic-free and sustainable products across the household and personal care categories. We have a vibrant and growing community of highly engaged consumers. Last year we grew 400% and we don’t intend to slow down any time soon!
We are looking for a passionate Product Designer to lead our team on the research, creation and validation of a beautiful experience for our customers. From ordering online to topping up their refills, you’ll be involved in every step of their journey.
We operate with a flat structure and take a coaching approach to leadership. You’ll have autonomy within your area and have opportunities to support the team outside of this towards the overall success of the business.
Our team values are; Generous, People-First, Transparent, Brave and Purposeful.
We are based in Bath and meet once a week in the town centre, working remotely otherwise. Applicants must already live within the UK.
Check us out at www.bowercollective.com.
This is a true Product Designer role – we’re a small team and we need someone who is excited about owning a large portion of the customer experience and interaction design. You’ll work closely with the Product Manager, Lead Developer and Creative Director, but you’ll interface with everyone within the business. You’ll be a champion for best practice and attention to detail when it comes to design but you’ll understand how to balance this with working quickly. You’ll be obsessed with asking questions, researching and testing out ideas.
There’s a lot listed here – we don’t expect you to be expert at all of it, but we do hope you’ll be interested in doing it all. We’ll support you in your development and learning.
- User Interface Design
- Design and improve our customer journeys, working with the Product Manager to develop a testing plan on how to validate the impact
- Create prototypes and user test these with a suitable audience
- Work alongside the Development team to design for happy and sad paths – ensuring attention to detail and consistency in all variations of the design
- Creating supporting documentation when needed (beyond design)
- Help with QA when new features are ready for release (the whole team do this)
- User research
- Lead on planning and doing our user research (both digital and physical products) and sharing insights across the business
- Analyse customer journeys and feedback to find opportunities for improvement
- Support the team on creation of surveys, polls and research activities
- Working with our Creative Director to develop and protect the brand and ensure consistency across materials
- Working with our content team to develop and protect the language / tone of voice / nomenclature on the site and other materials
- Occasionally support the rest of the business with creative needs (i.e. ads, email templates) to ensure consistent design aesthetic
- Development of design systems, templates and guidelines when / where applicable
You’re curious, naturally creative and love to share. You’re happy to learn new things and you want to develop your skills across a broad range. You’ve got some experience and you understand the Product Mindset – you may have been frustrated before because you weren’t able to do things the right way and now you’re on a mission to find a truly customer focused business where you can flex your design muscles and really immerse yourself into the end to end experience. You care about eliminating plastic waste and the environment and you love to shop online.
- Expert level at Figma, Sketch or similar (we use Figma)
- Mobile and desktop user interface design experience
- Acute understanding of what makes “good design”
- Creation of prototypes
- D2C / eCommerce experience useful
- Understanding of how to interview customers and design surveys
- Understanding of how to user test designs / prototypes
- Understanding of Design Systems, Lean Startup, Design Thinking
- Confident with English language / grammar
- Attention to detail
Equity package – share options in the business.
33 days holiday inclusive of public holidays.
Flexible working hours and remote working practices
35% discount on all Bower products.
We are based in Bath, so travel costs are covered if you are not in Southwest England and are traveling for an office day.
Be part of a rapidly growing startup that is purpose driven and having a direct positive impact on people and planet!
Please send us an email with your CV / portfolio link, along with a short note about why you would like to work at Bower and how you would like us to help you on your career journey.