The Company Financials Data team at Bloomberg designs and builds company analysis tools for the Bloomberg Terminal, API and Enterprise. This includes marquee applications on Bloomberg such as: Financial Analysis (FA) Analyst Recommendations (ANR) Estimates (EEO) and Models (MODL), and all company financials data which feeds downstream into other applications. We are expanding the team, along with similar hiring in our Product and Engineering departments, to ensure we provide best of breed solutions to clients.
The team structure itself around solving client problems. Most of which require tracking the evolution of a data point from data processing, to database and data taxonomy, to API syntax design, to front-end applications as we bring a product to market. Given the range of skills needed a willingness to learn and work as a team player is crucial, as are excellent communication skills.
You would be responsible for understanding our target clients and under-served needs, and then designing, prioritizing and implementing a strategy all the way to taking it to market and measuring efficacy. Examples of areas you could be working on include:
- Ensuring that company reported data is available to clients as soon as the company reports.
Working with engineers to use machine learning to increase automated recall, building robust tools for manual remediation and considering downstream distribution channels (alerting mechanisms, real-time delivery etc).
- Providing clients with a robust company financial estimates.
Liaising with brokers for contributions, consolidation of technology stacks for estimates processing, modelling support for point-in-time consensus, and looking at strategies to increase precision and recall of data extraction from models.
- Allowing clients to easily discover relevant content for company analysis.
Improving our company financials taxonomy and field search tools, alerting, and building a knowledge graph linking company financial data to relevant alt data sets.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain and evolve a business plan for the Company Financials products
- Partner with Product and Engineering to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote our product to clients
- Come up with metrics to measure business impact and success
- Keep abreast of the competitive environment and client trends
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable skills in designing systems for data processing, data modelling or APIs
- Technical proficiency in being comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Knowledge of how company financials data is used by different financial market players (especially Portfolio Managers and Analysts)
We’d love to see:
- Extensive Product Manager experience bringing sophisticated products to market
- Experience using a Scrum Agile process
- A degree/masters/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance
- Experience working with Software as a Service (SAAS)
*Please note this role can be based in Princeton, NJ or New York City or London
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You’ll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients — and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.