Social Tables is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead feature development for one of our core SaaS products. The goal: revolutionize the event economy by applying technology to increase the number of face-to-face events that happen worldwide.
In this role, you should have a strong technical foundation and experience building cutting edge products that are multiplayer (with real-time collaboration) and design-first. You are constantly coming up with great new feature ideas and thinking critically about which of them will make the biggest impact. You know how to measure and interpret the results of your team’s efforts. You love working in teams, side-by-side with some of the best engineers and designers in the industry. You easily manage several projects at once. You work great under pressure. You don’t miss deadlines.
This position reports directly to the VP of Product and is based out of our Washington, DC headquarters a few blocks from the White House.
If you were to join Social Tables, here’s some of what you’ll do:
- Figure out what people want; build it as quickly as possible with our amazing engineers and designers; ship it smoothly; make people’s lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive; measure impact; growour company. Repeat.
- Identify needs through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates, diving into data, and competitive analysis.
- Define product vision and strategy; inspire people with it across the company.
- Create wireframes to effectively express your ideas. You love the little big details.
- Prioritize you and your team’s work. Manage the backlog of features.
- Ensure we ship a well-crafted product at a timely pace.
- Work with our Executive team. Present your plans and sell your vision.
- Define metrics for success and failure. Analyze and create dashboards for key metrics so everyone is on the same page.
Here are things that we consider critical to being a Senior Product Manager:
- Experience: Leading major product efforts at a consumer or enterprise product company.
- Bias toward shipping: Proven history of shipping and managing high impact products with cross-functional teams.
- Experimental: Good grasp of experiment design, statistical analysis, and multi-variate testing (when needed!).
- Team player: You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when you have to. You push the pace. You take the blame and pass on praise.
- Parallelize: Must be a self-motivated team player able to work in a small, fast-paced environment without much oversight. You can initiate and drive multiple projects concurrently.
- Follow-through: You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- Write: Succinctly.
Here are a few extra things that would lift you up a couple of notches in our eyes:
- Education: Academic Background in Computer Science, Design, Econ, Stats, or other technical / analytical / creative fields you think are relevant.
- Technical. Weigh trade-offs and have in depth discussions with engineers on the nuances of complex engineering systems. If you’re not sure how to describe how the internet works, you probably won’t make it.
- An awesome culture fit – http://www.socialtables.com/careers
- You know what Responsive Development is and you think it works to build great products
What we bring to the Table
- Meaningful work on world class and industry changing products
- Amazing culture and coworkers
- Best in class benefits including fully paid premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance, and 401k
- Flexible vacation policy
- Discretionary education reimbursement available from your first day
- Equity in one of DC’s hottest venture-backed startup
- Casual dress work environment
Social Tables is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Things We Don’t Compromise On
- Believe in our vision: A world where every face-to-face event achieves great things.
- Subscribe to a DDO (deliberately development organization) mentality –https://medium.com/every-day-is-a-school-day/welcome-to-every-day-is-a-school-day-3e30f6e39839