Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Data Management team within Data & Insights Center of Excellence (COE) is a new, exciting group created to transform Albertsons be a data-driven enterprise. We scale customer obsession and use data to drive business strategy, innovation, and improvements to customer needs, and solve business problems. We have an open position for an Incident Manager role, and this can be based anywhere closer to the Albertsons office locations, with a marginal preference for the west coast hours.
At Albertsons, we value our data as an asset. This role is one of the key enablers for unlocking the value of our data! This critical role will work closely with business stakeholders, data consumers, data producers, and data engineering to develop a vision and roadmap for data within its assigned subject area. Then, executing on that roadmap to onboard data assets; establish relevant standards and processes; and enable teams across Albertsons to find, understand, trust, and access the data they need.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own the roadmap, prioritization, and delivery of fit for purpose data for the assigned business pillar and data domain.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, both business and data engineering, to prioritize quarterly and annual roadmap aligned with business objectives.
- Collaborate with data producers and consumers to set data quality expectations, SLAs and monitoring requirements
Work with business leaders and business analysts to ensure metrics are defined and agreed
- Prioritize work in the data engineering backlog to meet business objectives
- Facilitates cross-functional working groups to solicit input and feedback
- Enforce data standards and practices that fulfill enterprise data policies
- Provide reporting and metrics to data governance committee and partners
- Lead incident and problem management for medium and low priority incidents
- Four (4)+ years of data management expertise
Product management mindset
- Passion for creating business value with data is required
E-commerce / Retail background beneficial
- Domain experience is preferred
- Experience with Alation as an enterprise data catalog a plus
- Experience in metadata management highly beneficial
- Ability to translate business requirements into critical data dependencies and requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Experience with data profiling or defining data quality rules beneficial
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to routinely interact with multiple levels of the organization including executive level members of the organization
- Ability to work with the data warehouse users, IT Business Analysts and all levels of the organization including senior leadership