Product Manager: Advertising Products
The Product Manager will own the definition, development and deployment of the product strategy for ‘Advertising Products’ in line with AAM’s strategic objectives. Ultimately responsible for both product development and the commercial success of the product the Product Owners will call upon formal and informal support from around the business to achieve their goals, even in the face of competing business priorities. We are looking for a mid to senior level candidate with extensive experience in product management in a software environment. This is an ideal role for an established Product Manager looking to take their career to the next level or a senior product manager looking to expand their experience.
This person will lead an agile and dynamic product development team, developing and executing the strategy for their product. They will have business-wide leadership, acting as one of the key interfaces between the senior leadership team, internal, and external stakeholders.
As a knowledgeable leader for the business, the individual will build and maintain varied productive business relationships and set an example to the wider organisation of leadership, role–modelling expected behaviours and values for others.
This role reports into theHead of Cinema Products. Regular engagement with CMO, CTO and other executive functions, Development teams & Project Management and the customer.
We are seeking a proven leader who brings both professional and executive skills including:
- First class track record in a Product Management or Senior Product Management position
- Demonstrable track record of relevant experience in software product development, product management and/or product innovation is required
- Experience in working with and managing remote and 3rd party organisations/functions
- Demonstrable keen judgment to make solid business decisions founded on research, insights and the commercial needs of the business
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and experience in balancing and prioritising changing and sometimes conflicting requirements
- Formal management experience, is desirable, whilst an aptitude for leadership and ‘virtual’ management is essential
- Proficiency in agile development practices and experience as agile “product owner”, required
- Ability to motivate and mentor a small team with variable experience levels.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, proven ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations, required
- Demonstrable experience of technical and commercial aspect of Product Management
- Proven experience of working in a matrix/cross cultural/media organisation preferred
- Evidence of effective stakeholder management experience
- Ability to empathise with clients and prospects. To understand what they need, rather than ask what they want.
- Willingness to say no.
- Relevant experience of advertising market is highly desired
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
- The critical owner of product strategy, lifecycle, and business within AAM’s suite of Advertising products.
- To be the subject matter expert (SME) within AAM of the cinema advertising and cinema preshow space
- Provides independent insight into corporate objectives and key performance metrics. An essential consultant to the larger strategy and business objectives.
- Ensure a strong commercial focus is implemented in the deployment of the product strategy
- As SME, you will be responsible for representing AAM and your products to clients and prospects. Client contact will at times be initiated by you, and at other times driven by the commercial team or other business functions. As a senior member of the Product Management team, providing technical, strategic and commercial guidance and support to team members
- Develops and curates the product plan for their area, ensuring clear and regular communication of plans and roadmaps to all relevant stakeholders
- Works closely with the Marketing and Account Management to effectively represent and promote products to the market and build a robust opportunity pipeline.
- Works closely with Finance on the reporting of product performance, forecasting, and budgeting of the business.
- Works closely with Development and Project Planning to ensure the effective and timely delivery of product developments
- A visionary thinker, considers new innovative product feature ideas that will significantly improve key metrics and move the needle. Prioritises appropriately to maximise customer lifetime value.
- Owning the deployment of new to market, disruptive software for the management of cinema advertising. Ability to see and communicate impact to client business and act as consultant for their business change
Frequent travel to customer site and other office locations is expected (20% of time).