A global leader in modern development platforms, OutSystems is focused on enabling any organization to innovate through software. We are changing the way software is built with the low-code platform most preferred by developers and empowering organizations to rapidly create and deploy critical applications that transform their business. To support our growth and commitment to hiring exceptional performers, we are looking for a Principal Product Manager for Azure Cloud based in the US.
As a PM for Azure Cloud, you will own and drive the vision for our cloud-based application development platform. This is a critical role with high visibility and impact. OutSystems application development platform is a scalable, secure, highly available, multi-tenant cloud platform that underpins the mission-critical applications that our customers build and run. We’re looking for candidates with exceptionally strong product management and technical skills, cloud experience, as well as business and strategic acumen.
If you are a problem solver, inquisitive by nature and driven by curiosity, this is the job for you!
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Help define the vision and strategy for Enterprise-fit Cloud Platform for app development
- Collect market data, competitive market analysis & research, customer feedback, product telemetry and other key information to develop product insights and deep understanding of our customer needs, with focus on large enterprises
- Work with the rest of the product organization to build product roadmap by identifying strategic growth areas, technology trends and optimizing the Cloud to run efficiently at scale.
- Deliver a world-class, enterprise-scale cloud in partnership with product owners, architects, engineering and cloud infrastructure teams by defining the product initiatives, success metrics and designing elegant technical solutions
- Continuously evaluate new geographies & regions, new deployment choices (public cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud) for expansion and growth
- Own and drive Program Increments release planning activities in partnership with Engineering & Operations teams
- Collaborate with pre-sales solutions architects and security teams to lead deep technology discussions on platform scalability, reliability (SLAs, RTO, RPO) and security (threat prevention, vulnerability assessment and other security postures) with customers, prospects and partners. Drive the insights from these interactions to tweak our cloud roadmap.
- Support Sales and Product Marketing efforts to create technology collateral, white papers, including competitive positioning and demand generation activities.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in product management focused on enterprise-scale products including, market sizing, business case development, crafting vision and strategy, roadmap development
- 5+ years experience in building and delivering Cloud products (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and understanding of public, private and hybrid cloud offerings
- Extensive knowledge of modern cloud deployment patterns including microservices, containerization, API standards, server-less and distributed computing, configuration management, CI/CD
- Expert knowledge of software security technologies and standards and applying it to Cloud
- Demonstrated track record of shipping successful, complex user-facing technical platforms in the cloud.
- Proven expertise in customer discovery and collaboration across engineering, marketing, and sales to deliver compelling technical products
- Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
The Longer Story:
One of the fastest-growing B2B software companies in the world, OutSystems is on a mission to enable every organization to innovate through software. We are looking for talented and motivated people to join us in helping companies solve some of their most strategic business challenges, from modernizing their workplace processes to transforming their employee and customer experiences. As a member of the OutSystems global team, you will help build, deliver, manage, and evolve the software that is a low-code market leader and preferred by professional developers around the world.
OutSystems is a truly global company, with more than 525,000 developer community members, 1,700 employees, 400 partners, and thousands of active customers in over 87 countries and across 22 industries. Founded in 2001, OutSystems has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, the UAE, Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Australia, and Singapore, and of course has a thriving, worldwide community of remote employees.
Working at OutSystems
We do not have many rules, but we do have high standards and a culture of global collaboration. Our commitment to our culture is highlighted in The Small Book of the Few Big Rules, written by our Founder and CEO, Paulo Rosado. This commitment to culture landed us in the Forbes top cloud computing employers four years in a row.
- We grow, change, and innovate, and give our teams the space to be proactive and creative.
- We care about growth and development. Vertical career progression is obvious, and we also encourage lateral moves, joining different teams, and mastering new skills.
- Global colleagues who are as smart, hardworking, and driven as you.
- Our DNA is disrupting the status quo. It is why our company exists.
- We “Ask Why” a lot. It helps us connect our individual work to the bigger picture and often uncovers a better, more agile way.