Working for the Service Owner or Lead Product manager, initially within the Transformation Programme, the Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the quality of one or more digital products, ensuring the service meets user needs and delivers value to the business.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction to the product team.
- Creation, iteration and on-going maintenance of a product roadmap that supports Intellectual Property Office (IPO)’s transformation vision.
- Owning the product end to end.
- Definition and prioritisation of clear, detailed and actionable product requirements.
- Overall delivery of product milestones.
- Creation and management of metrics to measure the success of our products, using these metrics to drive business outcomes.
- Leading the creation of customer journeys against items on the backlog/roadmap.
- Supporting the creation of business cases and spend control submission and subsequently ensuring work undertaken is in line with approved spend control authority.
- Ensuring that products that are engineered are delivered on time and meet quality requirements.
- Performing market research – keeping up to date with developments within Intellectual Property (IP) and the tools and technology available to offer an improved product.
- Range of programme management activities in support of the Service Owner, e.g. preparation of Government Digital Service (GDS) spend controls and reports for Project and Programme Boards.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a transformational mindset that inspires and motivates others.
- Be as interested in managing people as managing the product – a natural leader who has experience leading a team in an encouraging but hands on way.
- Be user focused and act as the voice of the business and users.
- Have a deep understanding of what makes a fantastic digital product.
- Be delivery focused and take responsibility for successful delivery of project and programme milestones
- Work collaboratively with the wider programme team and the business to ensure alignment and share learning
- Value transparency and be reliable and considerate.
- Be cool under pressure and comfortable adapting to new circumstances in a dynamic and demanding work environment where you can prioritise and keep the team focused on what is needed.
- Appreciate the value of diverse and inclusive teams.