We exist to rewrite the rules of insurance so it’s something people stand with, not against.
Our story began in 2017 when we set out to transform bicycle insurance by connecting passionate cyclists all over the UK to form a collective and protect their bikes. A better model for insurance was born.
Fast forward to today and we’ve:
- Been awarded Best Cycle Insurance Provider (for 3 years in a row)
- Expanded to commercial business and quickly become leaders in last-mile insurance
- Launched into new territories and now rolling-out across Europe
- Captured the enthusiast cyclist market and expanded across all cycling segments
- Opened offices in London, Bristol, Amsterdam and enabled a remote-first way of working
Help us change an outdated industry…
We’re growing real fast on our path to make the Laka collective model the industry standard and we’re expanding across segments, products, and territories. We’re looking for innovative, bold and brave minds to help us build the world’s best insurance company.
About the role
Day-to-day you’ll be working on our consumer-focused digital insurance experience from discovery to delivery. You will tightly collaborate with engineering, design, marketing, growth, insurance and the wider product team to focus on what’s most important and continuously improve our members’ experience. With a deep understanding of Laka’s ethos, customers, products and brand your strategies will help make our collective vision a reality through detailed requirements, prototypes and product testing.
You’ll report into our Head of Product and work alongside another Product Manager focussing on commercial customers. Insurance experience is not a requirement, as we have a dedicated insurance team to support your efforts.
What you’ll be doing
As a Product Manager you’ll:
- Be responsible for delivering our vision and strategy for retail customers (retail as in consumers) and support the Head of Product in shaping Laka’s roadmap for retail customers
- Help to expand our product market fit with a wider audience of cyclists, further growing our base from enthusiasts to casual cyclists, commuters, e-bikers and more
- Learn from our existing and prospective customers through qualitative and quantitative research to build features and launch new products that exceed customer expectations
- Work directly with the design and engineering teams to turn your insight into reality – from creating feature briefs to signing off on new releases
Location: we’re happy for this role to be based anywhere in the UK, with occasional travel to our offices in London and Bristol.
You’ll be successful here by:
- Bringing 3-5 years of experience in product management, ideally at consumer-facing companies
- Having a strong empathy for cyclists (we can bring you up to speed with the latest bike tech)
- Running a structured and effective product discovery process by leveraging quantitative and qualitative data
- Creating clear and concise requirements for design and engineering to bring the next generation of features into reality (and sometimes remove some)
- Being an incredible communicator across the org to enable an effective product process
- Leveraging your product work to impact company objectives effectively
And just so you know, Insurance experience isn’t required (for most roles). We’ll teach you anything you need to know and upskill you if needed. But… before you apply, please make sure that you have permission to work in the UK as we’re unable to provide visa sponsorship for any of our current roles.
At Laka, we’re passionate about building a culture that cares for our people as much as we care for our customers. Our benefits package currently includes:
- A remote-first, flexible working environment, built on trust and autonomy
- Share options – we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 10% of your salary
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to take more if you need it
- Full cover Private Medical Insurance
- £200 contribution to your home working set up
- £500 annual personal development allowance
- Great cycling industry discounts & retail discounts programme, provided through CharlieHR Perks at Work
- £10 per month Laka credit – for all you bike enthusiasts
Wellbeing and mental health support, via Spill
- Dog friendly offices, with fun social events, including paid-for weekly team lunches & offsites
Our customer collective is broad and inclusive, and we’d like our own people to be too. We continuously strive to build a diverse team from all backgrounds as we believe that varied experiences and perspectives makes the Laka collective even stronger. If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment as part of our application or assessment process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.