Wattson is an on-demand mobile charging solution for ultra-fast charging of electric vehicles. Its main technological advantage is having developed high-capacity and powerful chargers while maintaining a very low weight making them portable.
The solution comprises not just the hardware (the ultrafast & mobile charging unit) but the software that holds all information and features to manage and request the service.
Without the need to install new networks or fixed charging points, Wattson is also capable of supplying the specific demand of fleet operating companies, assistance vehicles and shared mobility services.
Through its charging unit, a complex system that integrates power electronics, energy storage and connections with EVs with a power of up to 200kW and 100kWh of capacity, Wattson aims to help reduce the lack of charging infrastructure throughout the Spanish territory.
Wattson is a new venture founded by Porsche Ibérica and Byld, a corporate innovation firm that designs, validates and launches new ventures with corporations. The two partners, together with new strategic partners that have joined the venture – and future corporate partners – will be responsible for all the support and assets to guarantee the success.
About the Job
We are looking for an entrepreneurial business leader with experience in mobility, electric mobility, B2B businesses and technology. A digital first professional with experience building and launching impactful and widely adopted technology products, raising funding and scaling product and technology teams. At the end your skills and experience should cover the full spectrum of customer-focused product management and you should have a strong passion for business.
**As a CPO, you will:
- Set the product vision (Hardware and Software) jointly with the venture vision, owning and leading the strategy and proposition as well as the product roadmap.
- Establish a deep understanding of the target customers, and the needs, wants, pains and opportunities that endorse the venture proposition and product design (Hardware and Software).
- Lead user/customer interactions and data-driven decision-making.
- Prototype minimum viable concepts that will support the definition of initial MVP development (Hardware and Software).
- Establish the necessary and adequate metrics and progress indicators that focus on making progress towards product-market fit.
- Lead and work on the performance of the digital interphase of the product, driving to improve business metrics and achieve great UX for both end users and businesses.
- Maintaining a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company.
- Building, leading and motivating a strong technological team and lead the tech functionalities development (Software and Hardware).
- Work closely with the CEO and with the CSO, as well as with the Hardware and Software Leads (including setting up the
- Hardware and Software team and strategy) being the perfect intersection between sales, strategy and product.
- Establish the product roadmap (Hardware and Software) post-launch and lead prioritization planning through the venture scale phase.
- Create a culture of decision-making based on insight, analysis and data across the business.
- Iterate the product offering based on customer feedback / in-market learnings.
- Analyzing problematic situations and occurrences and providing solutions to ensure the venture survival scalability and growth.
You are the perfect CPO if …
- You are passionate about building a product that will change how electric mobility works in big cities and roll it out on an international scale together with an amazing team and partners.
- You have an entrepreneurship mentality. Ability to think outside the box, to truly imagine and articulate a product strategy to unleash its full potential to the market and for the venture.
- You have a strong and applicable understanding of the system of how a business achieves its goals and objectives. It includes a thorough understanding of the levers that create and position a value proposition to customers and it drives profitability, cash flow, and shareholder value.
- You possess a unique blend of domain expertise and technical savvy; a big picture vision, but yet also have an eye for detail.
- You have experience driving your vision into a reality, both from an acceptance point of view — being able to sell your idea to stakeholders and senior management, based on metrics-driven arguments — and being able to implement your ideas.
- You feel comfortable with agile development practices with an emphasis on roadmap development and prioritization.
- You have spent time with users, customers and internal stakeholders to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions to solve these within the context of the broader service strategy.
- You are a natural storyteller. In addition to this, you are able to communicate with all areas of the company and build strong relationships with your stakeholders.
- You possess innate appreciation for what the best user experience can be, regardless of how complex the challenge. You work well with designers as they appreciate your contributions.
- You have a working knowledge of high performance, high volume, multi-tiered, service-oriented web architectures and are comfortable in engaging closely with development teams to communicate business needs and understand technical tradeoffs that are explained to you.
- You can think strategically and operate successfully together with the rest of the team.
- You hold exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills in both Spanish and English is a must.
- Passionate and curious about technology and startups. Someone that is a self-starter and takes ownership.
- +12 years experience in end-to-end product management in the mobility industry o prior experience with automotive companies, electric charging networks, or any other actors in the industry.
- Some entrepreneurial experience is preferred, either founding or being a part of a startup technology company.
- Experience designing online products or services using the latest technologies and tools across web and native mobile app product development.
- An excellent understanding of business models, overall business drivers and product development drivers.
- Solid understanding of current best practices when it comes to the finer detail of what drives successful adoption and engagement.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority; well-versed in stakeholder management.
- Strong planning and project management skills including a demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and juggle multiple projects.
- Strong analytical skills and ability for conceptual & strategic thinking.
- Broad overall end-to-end operations knowledge: processes, tools, suppliers and systems.
- Experience in serving the global market and working in an international environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineering with MBA or equivalent.
The role is based in Madrid, and the candidate must have availability to work in Madrid.
We are the perfect fit for you if you’re looking for a dynamic and friendly environment. We can also offer you:
- A competitive salary between €60,000 and €80,000.
- A strong equity package (at least 10% vested over time).
- Commitment and support of Byld’s liquid building team.
- Experienced, motivated and multidisciplinary team and board of directors.
- The possibility to create a huge network within the startup and corporation ecosystems, being part of projects with big companies with a global impact.
- A potent methodology and ability to launch new ventures that has given us the possibility to reduce risks in every venture we embark ourselves on.
- Be part of Byld’s family: a team of teams that is either able to make pizza, prepare caipirinhas or build the next unicorn.