As a key member of our product team, you’ll drive the development of the Consul product line — define the roadmap, craft the narrative, and coordinate projects across functional groups.
- Craft the product story by understanding the ecosystem landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from the open source community, enterprise customers, engineering, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Communicate roadmap status to all stakeholders. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Conduct user research, write clear product specifications, and plan sprints
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- Experience in the networking space is preferred but not required
- Strong user and market research skills
- Precise project management skills with the ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of DevOps and open source
- Collaboration: Ability to work in a team setting with many different functional roles and priorities
- Curiosity: Interested in determining how things work at their core, always taking the step further to learn more
- Care: Take ownership over their work, will make sure what is shipped is high quality
- First principles thinking