FreeAgent is one of the UK’s most popular online accounting apps, with over 125,000 customers. FreeAgent removes the stress and pain of dealing with business finances, allowing business owners to focus on running their business!
Our customers love FreeAgent. It is rated 4.7 on Trustpilot.
Our employees love FreeAgent. We are rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on Glassdoor
The role 👷
FreeAgent is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and well-organised individual to join our User Research Team.
FreeAgent’s User Researchers form part of a wider design department that also includes Product Designers and Communications Designers. We work closely together, share work often, and collaborate across teams. As a User Researcher at FreeAgent you’ll be expected to champion your work and explain and promote your ideas.
Day-to-day here’s what you can expect:
You’ll be involved throughout the design process, from scoping the problem, to honing our solution. You’ll be responsible for:
- Planning research to help our teams understand customer needs and behaviour
- Spending time with our customers (either remotely or in person)
- Running workshops to make sense of customer feedback
- Keeping our teams focused on customer needs
- Generating insights that inform our teams and help them design products or services
- Spotting opportunities to help our customers to get a better handle on their business finances
- You’ll be passionate about helping your colleagues see the world through the eyes of our customers.
- You’ll be effective in gaining insights that help improve FreeAgent in ways that truly make a difference to the lives of the people that use it.
This is a great role for you if you have:
- Experience of conducting user research for products or services
- Experience of working within cross-functional teams
- A good understanding of user research methods, from surveys to user interviews
- Excellent listening skills and able to identify motivations and behaviours
- The ability to clearly and confidently communicate research findings and insights
- A natural curiosity about why people do the things they do
Annual salary £35,000 – £49,000 depending on experience, plus a competitive benefits package. Our employee benefits have been carefully selected to protect you, promote healthy lifestyles and give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website.
Some perks of the job
Budgets for training and conferences, hack days, volunteering days, social fund, cycle to work scheme, Private medical insurance, health cash plan, employee assistance program, virtual GP, enhanced sick pay, income protection, life insurance, pension scheme, shares scheme, Season ticket loan, Tech scheme, 33 days holiday plus an extra day for every year you work at FreeAgent.
Creating the best place to work 👩🏽💻
We believe in a strong work-life balance. We don’t work long hours and we’re flexible about how and where you work. Some of our design team work from home full time, and others are office based for part of the week. Our fabulous Edinburgh HQ is designed for collaboration with inspiring spaces and quiet places, including high-quality A/V equipment to provide a great experience for distributed teams.
Make a difference 💫
It’s an exciting time at FreeAgent. We’re seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and new government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products and experiences for our customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we’re working on the cutting edge. We’re focused on designing the best possible experience for our growing customer base.
Applying for the role ✍
Our application process is simple: just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you are interested in this opportunity. Please attach a link to your portfolio. We’d especially like to see examples that showcase your process and the impact of your work.
Our selection process includes a phone interview, a practical exercise and virtual interviews held over Google Meet. We work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
We really care about building an inclusive and diverse team and we welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. We want to make sure that the people who build FreeAgent reflect our diverse customer base and bring with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites us is an openness to suggestions and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.