To support organic growth of our Product & Engineering department and the management of new and existing domain products, CentralNic is looking for an ambitious Technical Product Manager – Domains.
As an “evangelist” for the customer and/or business stakeholders, the Technical Product Manager defines and prioritizes product features, functionality, and values for engineering teams to deliver on time and with quality. You will drive the product’s strategic objectives, deliver product features and other deliverables in-line with the company vision.
This role will ideally be based at one of our European Offices, however we are working remotely at the moment but will be taking a hybrid approach post-pandemic.
Key outcomes of the role will include:
- Work closely with other Product Managers, department heads, sales, technical support and other stakeholders to extract and translate high-level business and customer requirements into technical working documents and deliverables
- Actively participate, design, and optimize the product from initial concept then manage daily, weekly and monthly through the development cycle and then finally to product release ensuring functionality, quality, and schedule
- Grow relationships with registry and registrar partners, in partnership with the Liaison Team, to understand their requirements and deliver value-added services
- Assess value, develop business cases, prioritize stories and epics to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with your product strategy
- Work closely with Engineering teams on a day-to-day basis, participate in daily stand ups, sprint planning & sprint retrospective meetings
- Be the subject-matter-expert on the product for all teams internally
- Contribute to the big-picture at a strategic level as well as focus on the details when it comes to implementation and execution
- Be an advocate for delivering MVP and work in agility, creating transparency in the deliverables
- Evidence of working for a global or international domain name company, ideally as a Product Manager (or similar)
- Experience of the domain industry, relevant technologies and the domain name lifecycles
- Experience in ICANN policies and processes
- Experience in best practice Agile environments including measures of product discovery, including quantitative (e.g. A/B-testing) and qualitative (e.g. usability testing) methods
- Experience in working with internal and external stakeholders and managing competing expectations, running projects with clear deadlines for multiple teams
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English and overall project management skills
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry developments
- Have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Never be satisfied with a project left half-done and want to be surrounded by people like you; hard-working, passionate and business-savvy to make a product successful
- Thrive on challenging and rewarding problems as well as understanding that commitment and work ethics are keys to your success
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to come on board our team of talented professionals, but here are just a few…
- We are collaborative, fair, consciously inclusive, and flexible
- We trust, value, and support our people to make the difference
- We believe that diversity of thought and experience provides the platform for innovation and creativity
- We invest in the development of our people to drive our ambitions forward
- We offer a range of benefits (including your choice of tech) and a competitive package
- We offer a great work environment in an internationally successful enterprise in the online services industry