PEI Media Group is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to direct our subscription products’ continued development and ensure high return on investment (ROI). You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, working across the product lifecycle for both existing and new products.
To be successful in this role, you will be a perceptive and creative as well as a reliable problem-solver. You should be well versed in keeping the customer front and centre, while staying focused on business goals. Utilising experience that goes beyond the digital aspects of product development, to encompasses the full product management lifecycle and toolkit. Knowing your way around a Jira board is important, but we’re looking for someone who’s just as comfortable – if not more so – with creating a business case or combing through P&Ls and commercial data. B2B and/or subscriptions experience is a plus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing product roadmaps – and delivering ROI – for our subscription information portfolio of products spanning more than a dozen brands.
- Leading two junior product managers (one focused on customer retention, the other on acquisition) and coordinating with other product team members as well as engineering, marketing, sales, editorial and other teams to ensure we are focused on what will drive value most efficiently for the business. This may include managing cross-functional working groups or teams when appropriate.
- Incorporating feedback and input from customers, partners and in-house teams on product strategy and finding ways to expand product market reach.
- Producing business cases and commercial strategy proposals to support new product ideas and large-scale feature enhancements requiring CapEx approval.
- Making data- and customer insight-driven recommendations to expand product base and vision.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of internal and external user needs, use cases and user analytics to anticipate feature requests, identify areas for improvement and develop and refine a product roadmap in concert with junior product managers.
- Defining and monitoring relevant OKRs, KPIs and KRIs to gauge feature performance and inform future decisions around product needs and opportunities.
- Working closely with the internal Business Analyst(s) to develop user stories and acceptance criteria, refine the backlog and define future sprints, using contemporary project management tools.
- Working closely with external vendors and development teams to define and deliver new features in the most efficient way possible, using agile methods.
- Working closely with Project Manager(s) and other team members to ensure all reporting and documentation is accurate and relevant.
- Communicating product vision and plans vis-à-vis budget and KPIs to senior management as required in relevant formats.
- Evangelising product advancements internally, so all staff are aware of new features and benefits as they become available.
- Helping refine and progress newly developed agile frameworks for the business’ product management function.
The successful candidate will be…
- Adept in all aspects of product management including commercial strategy, UX-/UI- and data- and customer insight-driven approaches – with at least 5 years of experience.
- Well-versed in contemporary agile methods and project management tools like Jira.
- A natural leader and talented communicator, able to work seamlessly with and influence different teams/departments and seniority levels as well as third-party suppliers – all while remaining a collaborative team player.
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-growth domain, ideally in digital media, data and/or online publishing and information products.
- An analytical thinker who enjoys solving complex challenges and identifying opportunities.
- Incredibly organized with time and tasks, able to handle multiple workstreams and dependencies across products and projects.
- Resilient and positive amid competing priorities and pressures.
Enthusiastic about helping to shape and refine best practice for product management.
PEI Media is the leading independent financial media group dedicated to covering alternative asset classes with a portfolio of publications, global conferences, and a network of specialist websites, dedicated to emerging investment markets.
Operating since 2001, PEI has grown from 5 people, based in a small London office at the time of its first MBO in 2001, to now employing more than 300 people, located in offices in London, New York, Maryland, Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne and Tokyo.
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at PEI Media are fair, inclusive, and open to all. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other equality characteristic
PEI Media supports flexible working arrangements, and we welcome career returners.
25 days annual leave (+8 bank holidays)
Flexible working policy
4 days volunteer leave per year
Free access to Employee Assistance programme
Employee Referral scheme
Private Medical Insurance
4.5% matched pension contribution
Cycle to work scheme
Season ticket / Travel loan