At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at AbbVie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm, and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to add to our high-performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers, and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences, and millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey.
As a Product Design Manager, you will report to the Director of Product Design, and be responsible for the end-to-end user experience spanning all squads within a tribe, as well as manage the team of product designers on those squads. If you’re interested in working within a startup-oriented environment, while having the backing of a very large company, please read on.
- Own the end-to-end user experience spanning all squads within a tribe and partner closely with the tribe’s Director of Product Management to define the longer-term vision.
- Hire, coach, support, and critique a team of product designers within the tribe and be a hands-on designer within one of the squads.
- Balance strategic and tactical priorities, turning quick-wins into ways to iterate towards the longer-term UX vision in your tribe.
- Conduct design reviews to ensure alignment with key stakeholders; medical, legal, regulatory, and compliance; and adherence to brand and accessibility standards.
- Become a subject-matter-expert for your tribe with a deep understanding of the jobs-to-be-done. Conduct and participate in user research. Partner with product managers and researchers to use qualitative and quantitative tools to inform your user experience.
Required Experience & Skills
- 7+ years of experience in user experience design, interaction design, visual and user interface design, information architecture, and service design. Expert in mobile-first responsive web design, iOS/Material Design patterns, atomic design principles, and design systems.
- Expert in Figma or similar design tools.
- Experienced leader with 2-3 years of experience hiring, developing, and managing a high-performing team.
- Ability to facilitate critiques and mentor your team in gracefully accepting feedback.
- A portfolio featuring examples of outstanding design work in SaaS platforms or consumer mobile apps and services.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive annual bonus targets.
- 401k with dollar for dollar match, up to 6% of eligible earnings (base, bonus). Plus additional company contribution.
- RSU grants (Long Term Incentives) for approved roles.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 17 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
- Annual Paid Time Off (PTO), with separate sick days
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Caregiver Leave
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Plan
- Flexible workplace accommodations.
- Free gym membership for those in our Irvine, CA WeWork office.
- We celebrate our wins with opportunities to attend Lakers, Knicks, Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels and NY Rangers games.
- Opportunities to attend concerts, festivals and other live entertainment events in recognition of delivering great work.
- Attend AWS Re:Invent in person (Las Vegas) or virtually each year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each year.
- A MacBook Pro and accompanying hardware to do great work.
- A modern productivity toolset to get work done: Slack, Miro,
- Loom, Lucid, Google Docs, Atlassian and more.
- Generous discounts on SkinMedica skin care products.
- Discounted aesthetic treatment days multiple times a year.
- $600 worth of Alle benefits each year to use towards aesthetic treatments and products.
- Eligible for donation matching to over 1.5 million nonprofit organizations.