At Volk, our purpose is to eradicate preventable blindness through accessible imaging of the eye. For the last 50 years, we have been equipping eye care professionals with the optical solutions they need to deliver accurate diagnosis and administer treatment with absolute confidence and clarity. As we move towards our purpose of eradicating preventable blindness, we are focusing on providing innovative and accessible solutions earlier in the eye care paradigm, by developing solutions for early screening of eye disease. This includes advanced portable imaging devices and solutions to enable teleophthalmology at a global level, allowing us to take eye care out of the specialty clinics into the masses. As a result, we aim to provide solutions across the spectrum of screening, diagnosis and treatment.
We are a global company, serving eye care professionals across the world. Headquartered near Cleveland, OH, we are the world’s leading brand in ophthalmic diagnostic and surgical lenses with a global sales team and distributors across the world.
Volk Optical is a subsidiary of Halma, a London based FTSE100 company with the purpose of building a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day.
What you can Expect from the Role
We are looking for a customer focused, data driven, and ambitious Product Manager, Diagnostic and Surgical to own and drive Volk`s diagnostic/surgical lenses and surgical systems worldwide. This role requires a strategic thinker adept in market trends, drivers, emerging unmet needs, with the ability to be hands on when needed, influence others, and deliver with the highest standards. The candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills to drive stakeholder alignment. If you thrive on the challenge of developing and selling high-value products to demanding customers, having an impact on people’s lives, are creative in working within constraints, are willing to roll-up your sleeves to make things happen quickly, and appreciate and enjoy the responsibility & accountability that comes with being assigned product ownership, then this is the right opportunity for you.
· Be a customer advocate and champion. Identify emerging needs, new product opportunities, and growth enablers. Ensure every customer receives high quality service, training, and support as rapidly as possible.
· Own Volk`s existing diagnostic/surgical lenses and surgical systems products. Deeply understand customer needs and problems and develop solutions in form of customer delighter products or existing product features/improvements. Lead global product team to ensure timely delivery of new product development pipeline and existing product improvements.
· Be a primary reference point and product expert on Volk`s diagnostic and surgical products. Closely monitor and improve product performance metrics by staying close to the customer and learning from collective customer feedback.
· Create and execute product marketing roadmap, plan, and build tradeshow booth lay out and demos, and organize key activities within tradeshows ie: KOL presentations, new product introductions.
· Develop and implement go-to-market strategies and business models to introduce new products to the market.
· Build strong network of KOLs and influencers in the region and conduct educational seminars and webinars in partnership with KOLs and influencers
· Source, manage and close business development/B2B deals (hospitals, device, pharma) that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth and long-term partnership
· A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Science, Engineering, or Business
· MBA is an advantage
· Minimum of 5 years product management experience (Surgical products is an advantage)
· In depth operating room, surgical equipment products knowledge, technical/business is an advantage
· Experience in global marketing within eye care is an advantage
· Experience in taking new products to the market, and managing existing product lifecycle
· Strong business acumen – financial awareness, strategic thinking, business planning and forecasting
· Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder – KOLs, key partnerships, external agencies etc.
· Experience in managing software solutions/technology platforms is an advantage
· Ability to translate and articulate complicated business problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements.
· Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales
· Passion for top line growth, technology, and customer satisfaction.
· Experience of operating in a small but dynamic and fast-moving business environment and enjoys operating with a sense of urgency
· Agile, strategic thinker and fast learner
· Strong communicator and excellent presenter with strong business acumen and excellent commercial sense.
· Be willing and able to operate in a lean environment and be creative and prudent in optimizing spend (as a small company, we do not have the sales/marketing budgets seen at large corporations)
· Highly collaborative team player with the ability to engage quickly, influence and gain followership
· Active and effective change agent; thrives in driving change while ensuring flawless execution and delivery
· High expectations for self and others regarding delivery and performance
· Comfortable challenging the status quo and driving change
· A solutions provider (versus a solely a problem identifier)
· Willing to zoom out and operate at the big picture level, but equally be willing and able to work as an individual contributor and do what is needed to get the job done and deliver results.
· Be willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Volk, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.