Are you an experienced Digital Product Manager with a passion for creating products and services that customers love? Then this could be your next career move…
Cambridge Learning for Schools has a growing portfolio of digital products and services that support teachers and students across the world. Our Product Management team are responsible for managing the lifecycle of these products and developing new ones, by understanding the needs of teachers and learners, constantly looking to improve the customer experience, and driving their growth.
We are looking for a talented Product Manager to join this team.
What you will be doing
- Ensuring the customer is represented in all product decisions through an ongoing customer engagement and data analytics plan
- Defining and communicating the vision for a digital product or service
- Working in partnership with our publishing and product teams to translate publishing plans into digital product roadmaps
- Working with our technology team to turn product roadmaps into development sprints and our UX team to manage the end-to-end customer experience of the product
- Developing, maintaining and updating the roadmap for a product to meet diverse and changing international requirements
- Robustly managing the priorities within that roadmap
- Managing the day to day issues that come with running a live digital product
- Being the internal face of the product to secure the buy in and support of a diverse set of global stakeholders, including publishing, technology, customer services, marketing and sales teams
- Further embedding a product management culture in a global organisation
To be successful in this role you will
- Have solid Product Management experience and a proven track record on managing all aspects of product lifecycle
- Be creative, determined and pragmatic to drive the vision and roadmap for a product and own responsibility for its success
- Be confident and comfortable building relationships with and influencing and galvanising a diverse set of global stakeholders at all levels in a matrix organisation
- Be curious and great at uncovering insights into customer need and understanding the customer experience
- Be collaborative, we strive to be a highly collaborative team and you should be happy to ask for help and help others deliver the best outcomes
- Be familiar with agile/lean product and customer development approaches
- Understand the challenges faced in Product Management and be comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to change
- Ideally have education or educational publishing experience but transferable skills from other sectors are equally valued
The key to our work is our colleagues, whose shared commitment enables us to have an ever-greater impact. We are a united, vibrant, and respectful global community of people, and we ensure that every individual is recognised, listened to, and cared for. And because our impact is amplified when our people are empowered, we give everyone the opportunity to develop in their own way. Whether you want a career that’s linear, or want to follow your own path, we’ll support you, and help give you the resources and training you’ll need to be bold and take ownership of what you do.
The closing date for application is 18th April.
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where it’s safe to speak up, and where we learn continuously to improve together. We welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of demographic characteristics (age, disability, educational attainment, ethnicity, gender, marital status, neurodiversity, religion, sex, and sexual identity), cultural, or social class/background.
We believe that diversity of thought, background, and approach create better outcomes. More importantly, fostering an inclusive culture is the right thing to do, and it’s part of how we achieve our purpose: to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence. Ensuring that anyone, no matter who they are, feels they belong here is an essential part of who we are and the contribution we make to society, and to our planet.
To enable an environment which our people can thrive in, our customers benefit from, and where work complements life, we empower everyone to manage their time and capacity, and to prioritise their wellbeing. That’s why from day one everyone at Cambridge University Press & Assessment can discuss flexible working options to find the best solution for them and their role.