About the job
The PaaS (Platform as a Service) product team is built of Product Managers that pair with Engineering Managers, Product Marketing Managers, and Designers to think, build, deploy and maintain Scaleway’s PaaS ecosystem’s products.
The products we build aim to facilitate our clients’ lives by providing them a cloud service that is resilient and highly scalable so that our customers can focus on their own business expertise: building software and services! As of today, our PaaS ecosystem includes various types of products such as storage, Managed Database, Serverless, Managed Kubernetes, IoT and AI. Not to mention all the products that are coming soon.
Reporting to the VP of PaaS Product, and your Lead Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining, specifying and delivering the future of our two Kubernetes products, Kapsule (our managed K8s engine) and Kosmos (the first ever multi cloud managed K8s engine).
You will play a key role in building the strategy for Scaleway’s cloud ecosystem. Alongside your development team, the Engineering Manager, and fellow PMs, the Product Manager’s daily mission is to bring value to Scaleway’s clients with the products they are in charge of.
Because of your strategic position inside the team, the PM will be the “go to” person, not only internally at Scaleway, but also externally, for any product related concern. You will talk with developers, marketing teams, sales teams, support teams, customers on a daily basis!
- Ability to work as a team in a challenging environment
- Ability to drive sharp clients interviews
- Previous experience as a Product Manager
- Experience working in highly technical environment
- Eager to learn
- Very good command of English
- Knowledge of cloud services ecosystems
- Ability to deliver documented and high added value features
- Demonstrated ability to understand clients needs
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and with different characters
- Knowledge of container technology
- Understanding of the basic concept of Kubernetes
- Drive the product vision (though the roadmap) according to the defined ecosystem strategy
- Identify cloud user pain points and make sure to deliver incremental features
- Ensure the features are correctly prioritized and are explicitly split into user stories
- Show your passion for supporting clients, Sales, Marketing, on a daily basis
- Measure, challenge and iterate your Key Product Indicators
- Always up-to-date with what the competition are doing
- Partner with your fellow Engineering Manager and Product Marketing Manager to ensure predictable and consistent feature launches
- Contribute to product content by delivering added-value white papers, blog posts and conferences
This position can be either:
- Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France), partial/full remote is possible
- Fully remote in Europe