At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across technology and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
AND Consulting (part of the AND Digital family) offers our clients transformational advisory expertise, helping them solve their most complex, ambiguous and strategic problems in new, inspiring and innovative ways. We collaborate with our clients to build remarkable digital products and teams together.
Not only is AND is one of Europe’s fastest growing technology companies, it’s also a great place with an inclusive people focussed culture and workplace flexibility to support it. This ambitious growth means this post offers a tremendous opportunity to influence the direction and proposition of the Delivery practice and AND Consulting as a whole, within a supportive and nurturing working environment.
The Practice Lead for Product Management is an integral member of the leadership team of the AND Consulting BU, helping our clients accelerate their digital journey and growing the Consulting business unit.
The Consulting organisation is divided into 5 interdependent practices: Product, Technology, People, Delivery and Insight. Each Practice Lead is accountable for their practice and the people within it. They take a lead in developing and enhancing a compelling point of view, creating a library of artefacts, templates and case studies relevant to the practice and maintaining a comprehensive set of team bios, aligned to the practice.
The Practice Lead for Product will be experienced in leading complex product-led transformations and will have a breadth of understanding and expertise in many aspects of digital product management and delivery within large enterprises including technology, insight/data and people change.
In addition to building and running a successful practice, the Practice Lead will be involved in client delivery (up to 60%), business development, external networking and speaking.
What you could be doing
- Building and leading the AND Consulting practice for Product as part of the AND Consulting business unit in London and the South
- Promoting and developing an engaged team of consultants in the practice through mentoring, coaching and training activities.
- Leading on business development activities for Consulting Product opportunities and working with teams across AND Digital.
- Shaping and understanding the latest trends, innovations and points of view that makes this practice stand out from the crowd.
- Supporting the scaling and delivery of the goals of the consulting business unit as a vital member of the leadership team.
- Participating in key consulting operational activities such as: scheduling, Business Updates, practice meetings, progression reviews, etc.
For client work:
- Shaping product and digital strategies for web, mobile and both online and offline customer experiences
- Designing and shaping product organisations to promote and enable new digital product discovery, delivery and operation.
- Developing our clients’ Product Management capability including helping senior execs understand product-led ways of working and its benefits for their organisation.
- Establishing new product functions, governance, tools and templates to embed the new Product way of working lead the conversation on why the transition to Product
- Reviewing, planning and executing activities required to improve effectiveness of digital product delivery for our clients
- Providing product leadership, working closely with client stakeholders from Board level right through the organisation.
- Working to lead the discovery, activation and shaping of an engagement and applying a customer and commercial mindset.
- Working closely with Our Clubs to ensure smooth onboarding and transition to a ‘build service’ from the advisory engagement.
- Delivering the right outcome for our clients and grasping the bigger picture in terms of the value they actually need.
- Getting hands-on with the work, beyond leading and directing – producing key artefacts e.g. product roadmaps, onsite reviews, product visions, operating models and workshops etc
- Collaborating and supporting the other practices (Technology, People, Delivery and Insight) as demand dictates
- A product specialism – you will have extensive experience in a senior product role such as Product Manager, Head of or Director of Product.
- Ideally Consulting and professional services experience, delivering product~led engagements ideally across a range of clients / organisations and/or
- A capable and respected coach and leader of people able to build happy, motivated and engaged teams.
- Good knowledge of digital delivery through Product, Technology and people change, backed up with your own insights and perspectives.
- Ability to persuade / influence our client stakeholders with recommended product management direction
- Comfortable moving between various client assignments throughout your career within the AND Consulting team
- Highly organised, credible digital leader, excellent communicator, with strong stakeholder management and consulting skills.
- Enjoy leading, driving and ultimately landing product and digital change for your client amidst a complex set of risks or challenges
- Ability to spot and action business opportunities for the product practice, AND Consulting or the company as a whole.