CleanHub uses technology to address one of the world’s most pressing issues: ocean plastic. We are on a mission to reduce ocean bound plastic by 50% before 2030. To understand more about how we do this check out our Theory of Change.
2bn people do not have access to effective waste management. Our lightweight platform enables effective waste management to be set up quickly in the coastal areas where it’s needed most. Through our app we track and trace the entire logistics chain to provide the digital evidence for every kg of plastic that did not end up in our oceans. Check out our live impact.
Cleanhub partners with sustainable consumer brands to finance the collection of ocean bound plastic with every product they sell. We are a two sided marketplace – the supply side focuses on tracking and verifying plastic recovery, while the customer/brand facing side focuses on making the communication of the impact as easy and engaging as possible.
We’re looking for an experienced, socially motivated Product Manager to lead the growth of our Impact Platform – the toolkit that our brand partners use to communicate the amazing work we are enabling together. See what we’ve done so far here. Our vision is a communications platform for brands to tell the story of how they are enabling the circular economy.
You will be joining CleanHub at a critical and exciting time. In our first two years of operation we financed the collection of 1’000’000kg (equivalent to 100 million soda bottles) of ocean bound plastic – now it’s time to scale the impact.
Our Impact Platform – from onboarding through to daily product interactions, you’re responsible for all of it
- Understand user needs – help the whole team to understand what problems we need to solve and why
- Outcome based roadmap – continuously prioritise the opportunities that are most likely to measurably impact your roadmap outcome
- Be all over the data – make intelligent decisions backed up by quantitative and qualitative insights
- Fail successfully – design experiments that allow us to learn quickly so that we focus our resources on what works
- Influence and lead – work shoulder to shoulder with your team and inspire them to build an amazing product for our customers
In this role, you will report to our VP Product and work as part of a cross functional team.
You are tenacious and you want to use your skills to make the world a better place.
You Love learning:
- You take an analytical, hypothesis based approach to problem solving.
- You’re curious and want to understand how things work so that you can make them better.
- You’re eager to collaborate and learn from different people, from developers to marketeers to waste management entrepreneurs.
You keep it simple
- You can breakdown problems and identify where to start in order to quickly deliver impact.
- You can turn complex concepts into language anyone can understand. You’re an awesome communicator.
- It hopefully goes without saying that you achieve impact by maintaining focus on outcomes and learning opportunities over fixed outputs
- You are humble and build strong and trusting relationships.
- You’re hands on and willing to do what is needed to help the team.
- You have a deep personal motivation to protect our oceans from plastic waste
You’re a great product manager
- You’ve been a product manager for +3 years, ideally in a startup environment working in cross functional teams to an outcomes based roadmap.
- Product experience with social media, consumer activism and community-driven products would be very valuable (but not essential)
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve been working on a B2B product or B2C – as long as you care about user needs.
- You’re an excellent remote collaborator – Miro, Figma, Jira, Notion etc (or similar tools) are at the tips of your fingers.
Join our impact-driven team to enable the circular economy and stop plastic ending up in our oceans:
- A job with purpose, you work together with a team dedicated to solve one of the planet’s biggest challenges
- A job with high impact, both on the environment as well as on the shape and structure of a fast-growing startup. As one of the first product managers you will be core to building an amazing product culture at CleanHub
- This is a fully remote role so you can work where you like. We have an office in Berlin (where our founders and some of the team live) and a growing hub in London. We aim to bring the whole team together in person every quarter.
- A competitive salary and equity package so that you can benefit from the long term success of CleanHub
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value broad diversity. We consider all applications equally. We will not react to outreach from design or recruiting agencies, freelance is not an option.
Apply for this position
CleanHub uses the power of software to reduce ocean-bound plastic by 50% before 2030. We build digital tools to track and scale plastic collection in coastal regions around the world. Cleanhub partners with sustainable consumer brands to finance the collection of ocean-bound plastic with every product they sell. Read more about us on our website.