Our everyday digital experiences are in the midst of a realtime revolution. Whether attending an event in a virtual venue, receiving realtime financial information, or monitoring live car performance data – consumers simply expect realtime digital experiences as standard. Ably provides a suite of APIs to build, extend, and deliver powerful digital experiences in realtime for more than 265 million devices across 80 countries each month, supporting organizations like Toyota, Bloomberg, Huspot and Split.
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of the internet. The opportunity in front of us is immense. But we can’t rest yet. And we’d like your help. As Ably enters its next stage of growth, we’re looking for talented and curious individuals to help us build and deliver the platform to power synchronized digital experiences in realtime for one billion devices every week by 2024.
About this role
You’ll own the web experience and journey of a user as they go from first web visit to sign up. On the flipside, you’ll also own the back-end editing and publishing experience for internal users of our CMS (powered by Contentful). And you’ll work with design and our newly-hired marketing engineers to continue building out our component-based design system in Figma and Gatsby. Working with your stakeholders across product marketing, content, demand generation, marketing operations, and product you’ll develop, maintain, and communicate the roadmap for Ably’s marketing web presence.
Day to day, you will
- Maintain a strong focus on user goals and UX across the entire marketing website while delivering on business requirements like improving conversation rate or ensuring the content team have a productive experience with our CMS
- Define and maintain the internal and external user personas which are underpinned by regular audience and user research
- Establish an outcome/goal-based strategy that enables us to deliver a holistic user journey and experience from first visit to exploration to sign up, rather than thinking about the website as a collection of individual pages
- Work with internal users to improve their experience of our CMS powered by Contentful. Understand their requirements and their pain points and then deliver a delightful editing experience for them
- Create, maintain, and clearly communicate a roadmap with your stakeholders, ensuring trade-offs and intended outcomes are understood
- Work with our marketing engineers to establish an agile delivery process that matches the speed required by a marketing organization, and has a clear process for prioritization
- Define, monitor, analyze, and report on metrics in HotJar, Google Analytics, and HubSpot – then feed learnings back into the roadmap
We’d love to hear from you if you
- Have demonstrable experience of product thinking and working
- Have worked with a range of stakeholders, including commercial people and engineers
- Have experience with technical personas – developers, DevOps, architects, CTOs
- Have knowledge of software development lifecycle processes and methodologies
- Can clearly and concisely communicate your thoughts and ideas verbally and through written forms
It would be nice, but not essential if you
- Have built a developer-focused product (IaaS, SaaS, Cloud API etc) as either Product Manager or Software Engineer in the past
- Have knowledge of realtime infrastructure and PaaS
- Have experience working at a startup
- Have experience working as a product manager on a developer-focused product
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team. We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well.
What’s in it for you?
- A great company culture where every individual is valued and supported
- Share options. We believe that all Ablyans should share in our success and growth
- We’ll support your professional development with a £1000 annual learning budget and up to 10% learning and development time
- We’re remote first, so you can work flexibly in a way that fits your lifestyle. You’re also welcome to pop into our communal office space in Shoreditch, London if you want to collaborate in-person or socialise with the team.
- Fully-paid quarterly summits, where we take a few days to step back as a team and a company, to have some fun together and work on things we might not have time for day-to-day
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
- Home workstation set up budget of £500, plus an annual top-up of £150
- Regular company away days and social events
- Weekly individual drinks and snacks budget
- Private healthcare, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme and life assurance
- Access to private and confidential coaching with Sanctus
- A monthly wellbeing budget with Juno
- A matching pension contribution of 5%
- Life Assurance and Income Protection with Canada Life
- Financial Coaching with Octopus MoneyCoach
- A Cash Plan with SimplyHealth
- 27 days of paid annual leave plus a day off on your birthday (36 days including bank holidays)
- 10 days of paid sick leave (including mental health days) per year
- Dog friendly office for when you’re in the office!
We believe our differences as individuals is what makes us great. Our people are at the heart of what we do, and we encourage everyone to be their most authentic self at Ably: we see inclusivity and openness as fundamental to creating long-term success as an organization. We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race, religion, educational background or neurodiversity. Ably has an amazing opportunity ahead of us, and we want anyone to be able to contribute to that opportunity.