CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country’s most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We’re changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 8M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager with solid experience on “the supply side” of a marketplace. You are excited about helping one of the fastest-growing chef-to-consumer platforms scale its customers offerings. You are passionate about anticipating and eliminating bottlenecks to growth to deliver diverse, high-quality food to millions of eaters. You are willing to roll up your sleeves to design and implement a new solution to help with the operations challenges.
The product lead for the Supply Squad owns the end-to-end solution that optimizes Supply Chain and Portfolio Management processes. From recipe creation, menu planning to purchasing, you will be the brain behind the technology that transforms business vision into actionable initiatives. You will be in charge of defining a strategy and roadmap that balances the daily incremental improvements and big bet innovations.
CookUnity’s customers expect the best quality and variety, and the Supply Squad is the driving force behind delivering meal experiences that are above and beyond in a scalable way.
Your work will also impact some of the best Chefs in America. Not only CookUnity’s “rising stars”, but also the well-known Chefs we’ve partnered with as part of our Creators Club (e.g. Pierre Thiam, Esther Choi, JJ Johnson, Ali Maffucci, Marc Forgione, Einat Admony, and more!).
As a leader of the Supply Squad, you’ll partner with product design, engineering, data, and our Supply Chain and Portfolio teams to establish the product strategy, OKRs, and roadmap. You’ll lead experimenting and delivering outcomes at a rapid pace. You’ll collaborate closely with our internal teams that drives the best possible experience for our chef and customers.
This is a full-time hire.
– Drive the Squad strategy, leading and facilitating all squad processes.
– Help the Squad find and prioritize high potential ideas to work on that deliver on that strategy.
– Use data and empathy to understand our users in order to build products that solve their problems.
– Frequently learn from users via research best practices (in partnership with our UX Research Team).
– Dig in to understand data patterns (with our Data Team).
– Keep internal and external team members up-to-date.
– Write clear, efficient product specs.
– Deliver outcomes.
– 2-6 years of experience in product management (Bonus point: with at least 1 year working on the supply-side of a marketplace);
– Experience with Clubhouse, Jira, Parsley, Figma, any ERP software are a plus.
– You are able to frame the right problem, generate and prioritize ideas, involving key stakeholders in the process.
– You have excellent communication skills, especially when it comes to articulating business logic to technical partners and inspiring a distributed team.
– A strong data-driven, analytical mindset to set hypotheses, narrow in on opportunities, and drive impact on KPIs.
– You are a DO-er. You get things done with others and across teams with a problem-solving mindset and avoid unnecessary conflict.
– You have technical proficiency with Product Management tools such as writing stories, performing analytics, building prototypes, and user research.
– You are detail-oriented and care deeply about delivering small or large features with exceptional quality.
– You enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
– You can effectively balance resolving critical issues that pop up with making fundamental strategic investments.
– You have a growth mindset and believe in setting super ambitious goals and learning from both success and failure.
– Health, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
– Fitness subsidies
– Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
– Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
– A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly
– Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year
– Opportunity to visit kitchens across the country!
– Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we’ll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!