We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to set a high bar for design across all of our products, instilling a design-led culture within our business. We need a “full-stack” designer who can tackle design problems from beginning to end – is that you?
You will be responsible for managing design requirements at busuu across iOS, Android and web. You will oversee UI and UX on both web and mobile, working closely with our product managers, designers, engineers and education experts. Most importantly, you will positively impact the lives of million of people – everyday, you will be pushing features and flows to our more than 70 million users across the globe, each learning a new language to improve their lives.
What does a Senior Product Designer do at busuu?
As a designer at busuu, you will have the opportunity to design the interfaces and interactions for new features, pushed to millions of users every day. You will lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You will set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
You will work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas. You’ll partner with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
What we’re looking for from a Senior Product Designer at busuu…
- You have experience working within an Agile development team.
- You can tackle design problems from beginning to end, from problem definition to iteration, through prototyping and user testing.
- You have broad knowledge and deep understanding of design methodologies, techniques and tools.
- You love collaborative workshops and relish running Design Sprints.
- You design for systems , not for screens in isolation. You understand that systems are complex, even when they look simple, because changing one thing in a system affects everything else in the system.
- You are able to design cross-platforms and cross-devices. You don’t see devices and platforms as design challenges, but as contextual differences that change the target group, or make certain features more or less important.
- You carry regular user research, quantitative and qualitative, to find new usability problem areas and opportunities for improvement.
- You develop true empathy for our users by challenging yourself to learn a new language and using the product daily.
- You ensure consistency in the design language used across platform and properties. You can maintain a styleguide and ensure it is applied rigorously throughout the company.
- You ensure the Design team moves forward, suggesting and implementing new standards, processes, practices and technologies.
- You mentor junior team members
Not ticking every box or think you’ve got that unique set of skills we haven’t realised we need? Get in touch anyway; we’re always looking to add great people at every level.
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Gym membership.
- Free breakfast and snacks.
- Free dinner if you need to stay late.
- Regular company trips (our last was to Crete) and evenings out in London.
busuu is the world’s largest language learning community with over 70m users around the world and acquiring up to 30k new users per day. We offer free and paid-for access to audio-visual language courses in several languages. At the same time, users can improve their language skills directly with other native speakers of our community via peer-to-peer corrections. The vision of busuu is to enable everyone in the world to learn a new language. Impact at scale – that’s what we have.
busuu has been crowned Apple Best iPhone Apps 2014 and Best of 2015 on Google Play. We also received a Top Developer award as well as an Editor’s Choice award from Google Play. You can see some of the awards we won over the years here: https://www.busuu.com/en/press/awards
We are a friendly and fun, experienced international team who come from a variety of backgrounds but who share a passion for tech start-ups and education. Besides the opportunity to impact digital language education, we offer free private healthcare and gym membership. We also provide free breakfast every morning and snacks throughout the day.