We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated Junior Product manager to work across our event and membership platforms and will cover sales/marketing, event (live, virtual and hybrid) and ‘membership service’ customer journeys.
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Own key areas of the user experience and to help shape the product roadmap and vision going forward
- Join a team that keeps the overall customer experience at the heart of every decision, values innovative thinking and takes a collaborative approach
- Make data-driven decisions with the support of dedicated data analysts
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with stakeholders across departments and offices to define and prioritize feature requests, focusing on value/benefits delivered vs. effort/cost required – all the while keeping customers front and centre
- Maintaining a deep understanding of internal and external user needs, use cases, user analytics and commercial goals to anticipate feature requests, identify areas for improvement and develop and refine a product roadmap
- Helping with creation of light business cases in support of project proposals requiring CapEx approval
- Defining and monitoring relevant OKRs, KPIs and KRIs to gauge feature performance and inform future decisions around product needs and opportunities
- Working closely with the internal Business Analysts to develop user stories and acceptance criteria, refining the backlog and defining future sprints
- Working closely with external vendors and development teams to define and deliver new features in the most efficient way possible, using agile methods
- Working closely with other product managers and the rest of team members to ensure all reporting and documentation is accurate and relevant
- Communicating product vision and plans, budget and KPIs to management as required in relevant formats
- Evangelising product advancements internally, so all staff are aware of new features and benefits as they become available
- Helping refine and progress newly developed agile frameworks for the business’ product development and product management functions
Educated to degree level
Three years’ experience as a digital product manager
Experience & Skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills, knows the right questions to ask and intuitively knows when to engage
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills – takes a systematic and thorough approach to planning to ensure key deadlines across multiple projects are met
- Collaborative, recognises which problem-solving areas require ‘more minds’
- Experience using data or tag management, jira, proficient with Wordpress or other CMS is desirable.
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at PEI Media are fair, inclusive, and open to all. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other equality characteristic
PEI Media supports flexible working arrangements, and we welcome career returners.
25 days annual leave (+8 bank holidays)
You deserve a break and are entitled to 25 days paid annual leave in addition to the 8 public/bank holidays. Long Service award PEI offer a scheme to increase an employee’s holiday allowance according to length of service. After 2 years of service, you will receive an additional day’s annual leave, you will receive an extra day up to 4 years of service, taking you 28 days annual leave.
Any permanent employee of PEI can buy from or sell PEI up to three holiday days. The value is calculated as 1/260th of the employee’s current annual basic salary.
Flexible working policy
We know how busy life can get and believe it is very important to have a good work-life balance. That is why we have a comprehensive Flexible working policy so you can best fit work into your life.
4 days volunteer leave per year
Volunteer leave at PEI offers employees the option of taking 4 working days per year (fully paid) to give back to a charitable cause of their choice.
The Company provides you with life cover of 4 times your “basic salary”, as long as you are on a permanent contract with PEI.
Free access to Employee Assistance programme
The Company provides staff with access to a confidential employee assistance programme (EAP), which is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The EAP provides access to trained experts either via the phone or on a face-to-face basis.
Employee Referral scheme
We offer incentives for successfully recommending someone new into the business. If you make a recommendation for a vacancy, you will be eligible for a £1,500 bonus.
Private Medical Insurance
After successful completion of your probation period, PEI offer Private Medical Insurance via BUPA as a free benefit to you, but it is taxable.
4.5% matched pension contribution
After successful completion of your probation period, you will be automatically enrolled in PEI’s Group Personal Pension Scheme where you will contribute 4.5%, with a 4.5% complimentary contribution from PEI Media.
Cycle to work scheme
After successful completion of your probation period, PEI will work with you to ensure that the loan of a bicycle can be treated as a tax free benefit, enabling you to cycle to and from work (we also have great shower facilities on site, as well as plenty of bike racks to safely store your bike!) Season ticket / Travel loan After successful completion of your probation period, PEI offers an interest free travel loan, available for all permanent employees, for rail or tube annual tickets, for the purpose of you travelling to and from work.