Who we are
Our 55+ global team is on a mission to revolutionise the way we bring ideas to life and fundamentally change the way 3D design is done today. We help creators to communicate 3D ideas in the quickest and most intuitive way possible. We’ve developed the first end-to-end 3D design platform that allows people to work from the early concept phases of the design & creation process all the way through to hand-off for productionisation.
Today’s design process is broken: design teams use digital modelling software, developed primarily for engineering, to bring their work into the digital 3D space. Numerous iterations involving stakeholders from different teams across various locations are needed in order to capture both the design intent and the engineering requirements; clear communication and effective collaboration are key. Gravity Sketch solves these collaboration and communication pain points: through a suite of powerful creation tools and our cloud-based collaboration platform.
The tools we are developing are changing the way companies across automotive, industrial design, and entertainment industries carry out their day-to-day work. With teams at companies as diverse as Ford Motor Company and Adidas depending on our platform to collaborate and deliver world-class physical and digital products, it’s no surprise that this extends into talent acquisition for these industry leaders (Adidas/Yeezy).
We’ve just closed a very successful Series-A fundraise with support from the VCs that backed companies like Slack & Stripe, and have plans to grow to around 120+ people in 12 months.
Who we’re looking for
An experienced Product Manager who is obsessed with understanding users and delivering the most value to them.
You want to contribute to building product management as a function within the business – helping us to work out what product management means for us – as part of our cross-functional product teams comprising engineering, design, data & (soon) UX research. Always looking to balance best-practice and our needs.
You have a track record of success identifying, defining, prioritising and launching products that make a difference and create business value. You own your decisions and the outcomes you create.
You are a team player, with a positive and energetic personality and the willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You lead by example and are a collaborator at your core.
You’ll be confident working with a range of stakeholders (both internal and external), and able to be credible and influential with colleagues bringing them along on the journey with you.
Ideally you’ll have experience of working in agile software development environments and understand the way in which this affects how product management is undertaken and how collaboratively the team needs to work together.
Some of what you’ll be doing
- Reporting to the Head of Product – working across an area such as Creation, Collaboration or Screen – you’ll become the go-to and accountable person for your area, whilst helping to shape what your area is.
- Understanding what our users care about at a deep level. These users could be our current or future users, teams who support our end customers, internal staff members, etc. – you’ll know more about them than anyone in the business.
- We’ve got an exciting challenge when it comes to our product as our users move between web, VR applications, computers/tablets, VR headsets and back again – sometimes all in a single workflow.
- Working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to identify and highlight which user problems have higher priority & deliver the most value for our users, and break them down into the outcomes we’re looking to achieve. Your team may need internal representatives depending on your ownership area & you’ll need to adapt your style to get the best out of everyone.
- Facilitating the debate, definition and agreement of a team product vision and strategy. This may be the most difficult exercise but is also the most important; you’ll take the lead on curating the strategy in your area of focus and ensure all voices are considered, resulting in one ‘source of truth’ that you and the team can run with.
- Working towards creating a roadmap that supports your team’s goals and aligns to the strategy. This will encompass both product and non-product, e.g. process improvements, initiatives; you’ll figure out the best ways to deliver against your goals with your team.
- Monitor and share your area’s core metrics, successes and failures. Our teams are empowered and entrepreneurial, meaning that we encourage debate and are open to course-correcting if something isn’t working (or doubling down if it’s working very well!). You’ll also be responsible for updates against outcomes to the business.
- Ensuring good feedback loops are in place. This will help us improve our current solutions and help develop future ones that grow with our users. If there aren’t enough touch points, you’ll add them or directly contact our users.
- Support and elevate the broader Product function by sharing learnings, offering time peer-peer or suggesting improvements, etc.
What we’re looking for
These are guidelines only – if you’re passionate about what we’re trying to do and know you can bring that little something extra to our team, please do get in touch as we’re always happy to talk!
- A proven Product Manager in a B2B / Enterprise SaaS or similar environment with 3+ years experience working within cross-functional teams
- Start-up or scale-up experience is a definite bonus
- You’re evidence driven and make decisions in an honest, transparent and consistent way – taking pride in making the complex simple
- Ability to collaborate & get buy-in effectively within cross-functional teams of designers, engineers, UX & data analysts, as well with senior leadership.
- The ability to balance both attention to detail and a view of the big picture
- A growth mindset – you embrace challenges, welcome feedback, and believe you and others can always grow
Energised by diversity and thinking outside of normal conventions
- Comfortable with owning outcomes and driving your own work and super passionate about the user and their pivotal role to play in shaping our Company’s product offering
- A strong communicator and presenter both written and verbally – we’re a global team but our language of communication internally & externally is English so this needs to be fluent
Benefits & Culture
- Full time, permanent role with salary ranges of 55,000-70,000 plus private healthcare
- Role is fully remote in UK or Europe or if you want to be London-based we have an office in Brixton, which you’re welcome to use if you prefer.
- Uncapped paid holidays: startup world is busy, we encourage taking time off to recharge and rest, and you’d work to your country’s public holidays
- We recognise not everyone works their best at the same time of day, so there’s no standard working hours, as long as you overlap with your team enough & are on-hand for meetings.
- Enhanced parental leave policy (maternity and paternity)
£1,000/year (or equivalent) for personal professional development
- £50/month (or equivalent) personal wellbeing budget
- For UK employees we’re set up with Cyclescheme & Techscheme
- We’re building a great work culture & environment – we work hard but also know how to have fun
- Team lunch Wednesdays: in-person or virtually with food delivery credit
- Socials, ski or summer trips & a biannual global meet up: we are passionate about bringing everyone together whenever we can, this helps build tighter bonds and alignment
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, background, and nationality
Our application process
Initial chat to answer any questions about the role and company fit [30mins]
Stage 1: 1:1 session with Head of Product [1hr]
Stage 2: 1:1 session with Head of Product [1hr]
Stage 3: Meet the team session & final questions [2 x 45mins back-to-back]