As part of the Web Products team within the Bloomberg Marketing Studio, the Web Product Managers are the champions for their product. They are focused on understanding business and market requirements, then prioritizing the work to be done by the design and engineering teams accordingly. This role will primarily focus on the Bloomberg Industry Group of sites which are a central source of legal, tax, regulatory, and business information for professionals. You will gain an in-depth understanding of these markets, audience and competitors. You should be a hardworking digital marketer who proactively identifies, recommends and implements measurable improvements across web and other channels. Communication and execution are key factors to your success in this role. You will also need to be a proactive team member identifying solutions and opportunities.
It’s a complex role requiring an understanding from a strategic perspective of why you should do a project, what technology could be used to achieve it, what it could look like, and how it could work. A digital specialist, but also a versatile person when it comes to understanding digital strategy, UX, business analysis, design, copywriting, SEO, development, QA, and analytics. This is accomplished by utilizing creative and technical skills, providing proper support and maintenance, as well as closely working with designers, developers, and other specialists as a unified team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide strategic product direction that incorporates digital and B2B standard methodologies and aligns to the overall business goals.
Work with business collaborators and derive insights from customer data to develop and maintain the product roadmap.
- Work with business partners, designers and web development teams to improve functionality and features on web products as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities.
- Build and handle the product backlog, closely partner with the business and the team to ensure everyone understands the work items that require attention and interpret requests into Jira issues with definition of completion/success.
- Provide the development and design teams clear guidance on which features to deliver next.
- Manage, update and build out products as-needed with the willingness to roll up your sleeves to do the day-to-day updates, as well as lead larger scale updates and enhancements.
- Troubleshoot platform issues and tackle them with the help of web developers and extended Digital Marketing team.
- Stakeholder management to capture requirements and understand their business needs.
- Validate requests against metrics to assess the value of the undertaking.
- Test and review completed requests in a QA environment before signing off for deployment.
- Be deeply tied to our data and make data-based decisions.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 3-5 years experience in web production/product management
- Experience with B2B web product development and customer journeys
- Ability to keep track and document the details and the big picture; JIRA, Wiki, Slack
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
- Experience with content management systems, specifically WordPress
- Demonstrated success in project management with the ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Solid knowledge in HTML and familiarity with CSS
SEO, SEM, paid social, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
- Shown success in developing, testing and deploying multiple marketing campaigns with the ability to implement quick iterations to test theories and designs, using experience, analytics and data for decision making
- Positive relationship leadership skills with outstanding communication and presentation skills (persuasive written, compelling oral)
- Deep familiarity about digital marketing concepts, practices and programs with a strong understanding of email, social, and web marketing
- Knowledge of best practices for web UX design