Here at Generation Home, we have an ambitious goal: Helping everyone to become a homeowner.
Increasing prices, stagnant wages, high rents, and insufficient housing stock have put homeownership permanently out of reach for too many.
We are on a mission to transform the housing market: We’re broadening access to homeownership for aspiring first-time buyers, simplifying the home-buying process, and promoting our customers’ financial wellbeing through the smarter management of their home finances. Backed by leading investors along with a cohort of top angel investors, we’re set for an exceptional 2022.
The challenge is huge and we are looking for passionate people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. And that’s where you come in:
Product managers at Generation Home help first-time buyers in various ways: so far, we’ve built a new type of digital lender focused on helping individuals get on the housing ladder. Next, we’re building a SaaS platform that will allow us to offer our game-changing products powered by the finance of various lenders.
This platform will enable us to offer the widest variety of products at market-beating prices, putting more first time buyers into homes. To further help first-time buyers, our product managers are also working on creating an in-house conveyancing platform, automating our underwriting process and developing insurance products in a bid to revolutionise the home buying process.
Your day to day will involve:
– Customer focus: Your role is to speak with our customers and internal stakeholders to understand their needs and then work with engineering and design to deliver real value to our users.
– Team player: We work in autonomous teams of around four engineers, an engineering manager, a product manager and a designer. You will work closely with teams across the business to create and improve our products.
– Data and prioritisation: What problems do we solve? How do we prioritise our work? Is what you shipped performing as expected? Your role is to create metrics, analyse data and gather feedback to make informed decisions to help our customers get onto the property ladder.
You would be amazing in this role if you have:
– Mid-senior level internal experience as a product manager working closely with software engineers.
– A background in a startup, scale-up, or consumer-driven environments.
– Experience delivering products with a measurable impact.
– Problem-solving skills – Mortgages are complicated! We need you to dig deep into complex problems and define solutions clearly.
Salary: £65,000-£85,000 base
Meaningful equity shares
£1,000 annual training budget
Private health care
Enhanced maternity leave
Online mental health support via Spill
25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
Regular lunch and learns
Cycle to Work scheme
£300 yearly BEAM (charity) contributions on your behalf
Flexible working – minimum 1-2 days a week at our office in Exmouth Market.
How to apply
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website in order to get a good overview of Generation Home.
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
We want everyone to become a homeowner. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We believe that we can all do the best work of our lives when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.