Senior Product Manager, Global On-Site Search – San Francisco, CA
Sony PlayStation is seeking a talented Senior Product Manager with a passion for Search to help us design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search system that will be used by our customers to find games, friends, videos, and more.
The Sony PlayStation Network connects and serves millions of customers everyday through our PS4 and PS3 console as well as web properties such as store.playstation.com. To ensure we deliver great experiences, we utilize data and usability driven, A/B experiments to develop customer-focused solutions. The Global On-Site Search team will work on big data problems, cutting edge relevance algorithms from information retrieval, machine learning, and ranking to deliver always-available services that directly contributes to our business goals.
The right person will work with Data Scientists and Engineers to improve relevance and results ranking, use data to identify new opportunities and customer needs, drive product definition, roadmaps, and requirements while evangelizing the product vision to stakeholders, partners, and executives.
YOU MUST HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD TO…
- Execute: drive features and initiatives to release while upholding business value and managing technical and business risks and dependencies
- Innovate: evolve and maintain comprehensive requirements and use cases that serve as the foundation for feature design and development
- Influence: develop strong alliances with others to ensure success of the product
- Articulate: communicate research findings to senior leadership, executives, and engineers to build product vision and report on features over time
- Balance: evaluate and prioritize short-term goals versus long-term vision
- Problem Solve: collaborate with key stakeholders to understand market problems and develop solutions
- Measure and Report: use quantitative data to support assumptions and develop business cases; perform deep data driven analysis to surface actionable insights and product requirements
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager (or related role) driving significant solutions
- Ability to carry strategy and vision across the organization to influence the design and implementation of the product, seamlessly operate between highly detailed and technical situations as well as strategic situations
- Deep industry knowledge of best practices and trends in search methodology
- Passion and desire to make the search experience an intuitive and elegant part of the way millions of users find content
- Experience with large-scale search systems or machine learning, natural language processing, data science or similar areas.
- Ability to travel as necessary
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.