Who we are.
We are a small and passionate team working to eliminate inefficiency and financial waste in the world of healthcare staffing. We’re transparent. We’re nimble. We’re always learning. And we’re having a ton of fun along the way.
Why we’re here.
Kamana was born out of the personal frustration one of our founders experienced throughout his nursing career. Having spent more than a decade working in dozens of hospitals across the country, John witnessed first-hand how repetitive processes and inefficient technology results in missed opportunities and financial waste for him and his employers.
What we do.
We build user-centric, feedback-driven software for the healthcare staffing industry. Currently focused on travel nursing and allied health, we enable healthcare workers to manage their credentials and careers from a single place, and staffing agencies to hire and collaborate with the workforce far more efficiently.
Who you are.
You are a product leader that loves bringing new products to life. You’re a self-starter, comfortable with the unknown, and can formulate a plan to drive products forward from their earliest stages. You’ve been leading small-medium-sized teams of engineers and designers for some time and are able to effectively communicate the strategy behind anything we’re working on. You have a holistic understanding of product lifecycles and a passion for managing a product from its earliest stages all the way through delivery.
As a customer-centric product leader, you crave feedback and are an expert at deciphering what people say they want and what they actually want. You’re never satisfied with the status quo, and you push for improvements using data and research. You’re able to synthesize research, data, feedback, and intuition into a strategically aligned and inspirational product roadmap.
What you’ll do.
Over the past twelve months, the Kamana team has grown exponentially to help more than 110,000 healthcare professionals and hundreds of healthcare employers more effectively navigate the world of healthcare staffing. We’re expanding our platform to support healthcare facilities and we’re looking for a new Sr Product Manager to join the team to help set the direction from the ground up.
Working directly with our VP of Product, you’ll collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to drive adoption and value for our early facility clients. You will be managing high expectations and communicating effectively to achieve alignment throughout the earliest stages of the product.
To accomplish this, you will do things like:
- Facilitate discovery sessions with executive stakeholders internally and externally (partners, prospects, and early adopter facilities)
- Own a product roadmap that aims to drive significant value and adoption for healthcare facilities
- Define detailed product requirements, scope, ship, measure features, and use an agile framework to iterate and learn
- Proactively gather product, industry, and customer insights to design and iterate product vision and strategy
- Partner closely with your team (UI/UX & engineers) to establish predictable development, timely delivery, and team accountability
- Implement a rapid-prototyping approach to flush out concepts and to obtain metrics supporting the fit for purpose
- Evangelize and own the outward communication of product features, timelines, and product roadmap strategy within the organization
- No task is too big or too small. You’re ok with rolling up your sleeves and taking both a strategic and tactical role.
Experimentation is frequent at Kamana. Comfortability with being uncomfortable is a must.
What you’ve done before.
You are an experienced product manager who has led a team of engineers and UI/UX designers through the entire lifecycle of a product. Along the way, you have:
- Facilitated effective customer discovery sessions
- Implemented rapid-prototyping to iterate concepts
- Managed a product roadmap and have continually prioritized and refined scope based on resources, timeline, and technical tradeoffs
- Led a dedicated group of engineers and UI/UX designers through the earliest stages of the product lifecycle
- Successfully experimented with new solutions to test hypothesis
- Built and sustained strong relationships with key stakeholders and customers to facilitate your team’s ability to foster feedback and generate insights
- Excelled at communicating both internally and externally
It’d be cool if you’ve done this.
Experience in healthcare SaaS and/or the HealthTech industry will get you to the top of the list. Having been on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup, with a desire to repeat this journey, may also set you apart from other candidates, but is not required as long as you are up for the challenge! A clinical background and/or knowledge of the healthcare staffing industry would be amazing, but is in no way required.
How we work.
Kamana is a remote-first team. We leverage software such as Asana, Slack, and Geekbot to collaborate effectively across time zones, and work however we are the happiest and most productive.
You will typically find us working from the locations where we live, where our current team of thirty-five spans twenty-two States and all US time zones. Prior to COVID-times we met up on occasion for face-to-face collaboration. We plan to resume this and meet up as a team 1-2 times per year when the world comfortably allows it.
We often work 9 to 5 but appreciate the need for flexibility and trust each other to find a schedule that fits our lives best. On occasion, you’ll find us burning the midnight oil. But it’s more because we want to, not because we have to.
Compensation & benefits.
This is a full-time exempt position with an expected salary range of $155,000-165,000/year.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that spans medical, financial, and quality of life benefits. Think medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K with company match, a flexible schedule and paid time off policy, paid vacations, the tools you’ll need to be successful, and the flexibility you’ll need to put your health and family first.
🇺🇸 This position is open to US-based applicants only.
🏳️🌈 Kamana is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis that is prohibited by law or outside of the bounds of being a decent human.