Cazoo was founded in 2018 to transform the way people buy cars. We believe everyone deserves to feel total assurance when buying a car. Our vision is to deliver the UK’s best car buying experience by putting the customer first and making it no different from buying any other product online today. We are backed by top investors and directed by an experienced management team including Founder and CEO, Alex Chesterman, OBE.
Operations works behind the scenes to enable Cazoo to deliver the customer promise! It’s our responsibility for making sure cars get to customers efficiently and to a high quality.
Our Operations World is currently made up of Distribution, Fulfilment, and Transport domains. It’s an incredibly exciting area that forms the backbone of Cazoo’s growth and market differentiation. We use a mixture of 3rd party and in-house bespoke software to help scale Cazoo’s operations.
Have a read of our blog post to learn more about Cazoo Operations Research and Design.
Our Distribution domain is the brains of Cazoo Operations and consists of four squads: Distribution Management, Operational Insights, Yard Management 1, and Yard Management 2. Together, these teams work in harmony to make sure vehicles move around our network as effectively and efficiently as possible while maintaining high quality for our customers.
You’ll work as the Sr. Product Designer in our Yard Management 2 squad, but will be required to collaborate closely with designers in our other Distribution teams, as well as across Operations. This squad’s mission is to efficiently and intelligently maximise vehicle quality before it’s handed over to the customer. There’s phenomenal scope for growth as we bring tools in-house, make acquisitions, and expand into Europe!
- Work in our Distribution domain as an end-to-end Sr. Product Designer
- Collaborate with a user researcher and a design team lead to understand and champion user needs with your squad
- Work closely with Product and Engineering counterparts to balance business, user, and tech needs
- Lead on discovery activities including research, gathering data, collecting insights, and storytelling
- Regularly conduct in-field research at one of our many vehicle prep or customer collection centres in the UK and across the EU
- Produce and share artefacts such as process flows and service blueprints related to your team within Operations
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure high quality output
- Mentor more junior members of our design team
- Experience working as a senior designer in a cross-functional team
- An understanding of the differences between designing for internal colleagues and customers
- Experience in service design thinking, particularly digital vs physical touchpoints with respect to internal colleagues and their environments
- The ability to proactively flag new opportunities, challenge thinking, and influence others in your team
- Strong skills leading discovery including understanding stakeholder needs, conducting user research, and storytelling
We value people who are:
Customer Obsessed. At Cazoo, people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with Cazoo beyond just a website.
Team Players. Being a small team, we encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there’s data, use data.
Our London home is located a stone’s throw from Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a portfolio review and a few hours of interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a designer, not making you sweat or catching you out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.