Do you want to harness the power of psychology to help companies make better recruitment and development decisions? Thomas International aim for a world of higher human achievement through a greater understanding of ourselves and each other. We are a leading talent assessment platform provider, underpinned by psychometric assessments. We help businesses across the world recruit, retain and develop the right people.
We are looking for a Product Manager with a strong product and research background to join our Product Team and help us make develop products that our clients love. Working as part of an agile team alongside a UX Designers, Business Psychologist, Data Scientists, Engineers and subject-matter experts, you’ll be evaluating and designing product propositions, which use assessments to understand human potential. You will be improving the user experience for these products, and designing in new value to solve customer pains. In this role will work across the entire product management lifecycle.
We will need you to switch ‘thinking hats’ frequently and foresee this role blending external facing activity – spending valuable time with clients, looking for product ‘opportunities’, understanding what problems we can solve for them – and internal facing, working with the product team, Sales, Product Marketing and Customer Success to explore those opportunities and turn the right ones into value added elements of our growing product.
As our PM you will:
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer experience through spending time with our clients and others in order to understand the problems they are trying to solve
- Use ‘discovery’ methodologies to identify opportunities around which we can shape our product roadmap.
- Act as a product evangelist to create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product positioning strategies along with the marketing, sales and customer success teams.
- Scope and prioritise roadmap activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering and science teams build out product solutions that address our clients core “jobs to be done”
- Drive product launches including working with product marketing, sales enablement and customer success along with other product management team members
- Work with the product marketing team to develop value propositions and evaluate marketing plans and initiatives to ensure that they are consistent with our product strategy.
This is a great role for someone who wants to work in a progressive product team. We are shifting our product strategy to be more customer focussed, identifying product opportunities through pro active discovery and away from the “feature factory” approach.
In summary you:
- Love what you do and you want to use your knowledge and experience to level the playing field when it comes to fairness at work
- Are familiar with the discipline of modern product management and how product marketing fits into it.
- Have demonstrable experience in SaaS product roles in enterprise software and you are familiar with the dynamics and customer journey in enterprise B2B solutions
- Have a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout it’s lifecycle
- Have a proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Have a solid understanding of technology – but not necessarily a technologist. Product management methodology is more important than a background as an engineer in this role
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with multi disciplinary marketing, growth and product teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a self starter who can get things done and able to handle the ambiguity of working in a fast growing business
- Holiday – 25 days per annum, plus the opportunity to purchase up to an extra 5 days per annum through the salary sacrifice holiday buy scheme (plus an extra day off for moving house!)
- Auto – enrolment pension – available through salary sacrifice
- Westfield Health – cash plan where members of Team Thomas can claim back for various healthcare appointments (including dental and optical), as well as a 24-hour counselling and advice line
- My Specialist GP – a private GP surgery located in Marlow, which is available for all members of Team Thomas to use for emergency on the day appointments, paid for by Thomas International
- Gym Membership – Thomas International will either pay up to £28 per month towards gym membership at any nationwide gym, or £28 per month towards membership at The Marlow Club (a gym and swimming pool located close to the Marlow office)
- My Thomas Advantage – a communication, health & wellbeing and discount portal, allowing members of Team Thomas to keep up to date with business news, access information on health & wellbeing offerings and access discounts on a wide range of retail products and leisure activities
- Dress down policy – other than for client facing meetings where appropriate
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
This role will be aligned to our Marlow office, however we offer flexibility with remote working re hybrid working principles. Can be based primarily remotely, but with ability to attend Marlow and London offices if desired. Please note that we do not offer any visa sponsorship or support towards relocation.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion permeates throughout everything we do, from our products to our people.