Director of Sales and Marketing
Identifies potential products or product improvements; develops business cases; conducts market and competitive analysis; generates product requirements; determines specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; develops marketing strategies for product release.
• Manages the entire product life cycle from discovery and strategic planning to tactical activities: from concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, production, promotion, support, and finally product end of life.
• Serves as “Product Owner” as well as the “voice of the customer” and drives business requirements, specifications, prioritization, and development of product enhancements and product initiatives.
• Defines the product vision, definition and roadmap by the creation and maintenance of a market-driven product roadmap in alignment with company strategy.
• Leads user feedback collection and analysis through beta tests, pilot programs, market research, focus groups, surveys, user groups, and industry events.
• Translates product feedback into feature and requirements specifications.
• Maintains an intimate understanding of product suite, customer workflow, and business and marketing strategy.
• Identifies, articulates and prioritizes new product features and benefits via interactions with users and internal SMEs. Understands the market space, competitive landscape, and industry trends when determining new feature sets.
• Leads cross-functional teams to successfully execute the business and product plan and deliver the supporting functional plans through the product development lifecycle.
• Develops, implements and executes a company-wide go-to-market plan.
• Serves as a key link between Marketing and Development Teams.
• Leads internal and external product training.
• Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to deadlines and within budget.
• Frequent onsite engagement with Development Team and Product Management group
• Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours as needed.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Education, experience, and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
• 3+ years of product marketing, product management, or pre-sales engineering, or equivalent positions, preferably in software or services as product environment.
• Proven success in product management, leading a dedicated team and managing product prioritization, roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality.
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams delivering successful and innovative products.
• Familiarity with Agile management methodology.
• Pragmatic Marketing or similar product management certification highly desired.
• Experience in project management.
• Proactive and highly organized, with excellent attention time management and follow-up.
• Ability to work independently, as well as perform as part of a team.
• Strong presentation, analytical, and logical skills both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability and willingness to assess and adjust priorities as projects or timelines shift.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Ability and willingness to travel alone.