HYBR is a student accommodation platform that supports first-time renters. We are the only platform focused exclusively on the student tenant, building a digital community of students who can access support and everything they need to rent as a student in one place. By building a strong brand and helping students become better tenants, we help landlords rent their properties faster and take the stress out of renting to students. HYBR has won prestigious awards (Montagu ME100) and has been featured in multiple publications since the company’s inception (BBC Radio 4, The Times, Evening Standard + more).
We are looking for a Product Owner with a track record for driving new products and features from concept to successful launch and market adoption. The Product Owner will own the planning, development, and launch of products related to the HYBR. The Product Owner will champion the best product management, product development, product strategy, and business analysis practices to deliver phenomenal value and delightful experiences to our users.
Product Owner Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements.
- Ensure that the development team always has an adequate amount of prepared tasks to work on.
- Plan and prioritise product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Work closely with the Product and Development team to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Research and analyse market, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
- Follow our competitors and the industry.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
Product Owner Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous work experience as a Product Owner/Manager for at least 1 year is not essential but preferred.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical field.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Attention to detail.
What You Will Have With Us
- A competitive compensation package including stock options.
- Resources to invest in your professional development.
- Hybrid work from home policy.
- Being part of a fun and collaborative team that is disrupting the student accommodation industry.
- You’ll play a major role in helping us to go from start-up to scale up.
- Helping in scaling both our presence in the UK and internationally alongside product teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. At HYBR diversity means us making an effort to reflect the many experiences and identities of the outside world, and treating each other with fairness and without bias. Every day we foster an environment where people of all backgrounds not only belong but excel to succeed as a company and grow together. We offer equal opportunity regardless of sex, sexual orientation, national origin, colour, race, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, veterans and more.