WANTED: Customer-centric & tech-savvy Product Manager to join our Product Development team based in London.
In this role, you’ll work with developers and key stakeholders. You’ll keep stakeholders informed of product development priorities and progress, flagging missing or incorrect priorities to the wider development team.
You will work across multiple product areas and help Product Development teams engage with stakeholders and appropriately prioritise the most valuable work within, and between each area. You will also have a key product area in which to focus on identifying new, valuable market opportunities, competitor analysis, and longer-term strategy.
You will maintain an awareness of the high-level business priorities and be on hand to advise developers and facilitate conversations with stakeholders and relevant end users during implementation.
Reports to: SVP Product
Location: Whitechapel (London, UK)
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 18:00)
Salary: Highly Competitive
Benefits: Conference attendance allowance, private health cover, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, laptop allowance. There are monthly company social events, weekly deliveries of fruit, Xbox contests, occasional games nights, film nights and an annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Liaise with Product Development team members and key stakeholders to ensure we are building the most valuable features, identifying new market opportunities, and driving internal and external awareness of our product capabilities.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Product Team
- SVP Product
- Product Managers and Product Directors
- Product Development Team
- SVP Software Development
- Senior stakeholders
- Exec Team
- BD, Sales, Marketing
- Publishers and Advertisers
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Worked directly with teams of developers as well as non-technical people
- Worked in a client-facing position
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies quickly
- Experience with web technologies (e.g. HTML, Browser dev tools)
- Experience in understanding and analysing commercial priorities and business needs
- Worked with agile development teams (we work in an XP environment)
About You: Skills
You must be:
- An excellent communicator with superb interpersonal skills
- An excellent problem-solver with an ability to see through to a resolution
- Able to communicate effectively both in person and in writing – able to simplify the apparently complex
- Able to adapt and align work to changing requirements and priorities
- Lean – focused on maximising early value and learning
- Interested in the latest web technologies and trends
- Knowledgeable – with a good technical understanding of Internet and Web fundamentals
- Able to create and evaluate business cases for work. Weighing up risks and value.
- Analytical – Able to create and understand financial models and make data-driven decisions
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Commercial – focussed on delivering business value
- Analytical – able to understand complex data, explain it in simple language, and usable extract insights and trends
- Willing to embrace change – able to adapt and align work to changing priorities.
- Sociable – happy to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Technical – interested in the latest web technologies and trends
- Confident – able to clearly express your ideas in discussions
- Flexible – willing to travel overseas
- Passionate – with a strong desire to progress in the industry
- Diplomatic – able to explain bad news & compromises without alienating
- Enthusiastic – Championing new product ideas
- Reliable – Able to take ownership and responsibility
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The Wow Factor
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience in a Product Manager role
- Have worked in a startup or have taken a new product from conception to launch
- Ad serving / Online Media experience
- Have good understanding of Extreme Programming (XP)
- Know a programming language
- Are Familiar with SQL or Splunk
- Creative skills (Photoshop, Video Editing etc.)